Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 12:25 PM

Sleep...how much do you need??

What time do you get up/go to bed and how much sleep do you personally need?

My friend only sleeps for two or three hours a night and never seems tired!! I need more!! does anyone else survive on little sleep??
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm a late nighter, while my partner goes to bed at least 2 hours earlier than me usually 3 hours earlier. I don't need as much sleep but I've always been like it after about 14 years of age my parents gave up and used to go to bed earlier than me!
I go to bed between 12 and 1 on average, although can sometimes stay up until 2.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 12:38 PM
If I don't get my full night's sleep I turn into a real little Miss Grumpy, so 3 or 4 hours just wouldn't suit me that's for sure. I go to bed at 9.30 watch telly till 10.30 and z out like a light! I'm wide awake at 5 am. but usually get up at around 5.30 in the summer and 6.30 in the winter, so that then entitles me to a little nanny nap in the afternoons which I take from 2.30 after Jeremy Kyle show up to 3.30 so there's my 8 hours which I need! I get a 2nd wind after an afternoon nap, so most of my work in the house gets done late afternoons early evenings, that's why I'm knackered again by 9.30 pm and have to go to bed! Who cares, I can please myself now at my ripe old age
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 12:40 PM
i got bed like 12/1am if im in work at ten - (up at

sometimes i go bed at tenpm and then only get up at 1pm the following day (weekends when mum does the dogs ) lazy much eh?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 12:44 PM
I usually get 6 hours a night. I have no trouble getting to sleep and as long as I'm not disturbed in the night, that's enough for me.

mind you, I do like a few hours extra at the weekend
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 01:12 PM
I try for between 6-8 hrs which suits. Oddly, if I have more, I feel more tired and lethargic??
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 01:18 PM
I need at least 7 and preferably 8 or 9! Of course, I never get this!

I often nap at weekends, and can easily sleep 12 hours a day if allowed!! It's a hang-over from me having glandular fever when I was younger.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 01:24 PM
8 hours or stay away! Anything less than 6 hours and I'll need a very early night.

I like to be in bed early and up early usually as love the daylight (I suffer from SAD if I'm not careful).

I'm a huge lover of the power nap too, but timing is everything ;o)
DogBoy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-07-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm lucky to get more than 4 hours of sleep a night, i put this down to the fact that i worked nights for many years and have health problems which do their part to keep me awake, oh and i do drink a lot of coffee too
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Around about 7 or 8 hours for me. Anything less and I'm grumpy and struggle to concentrate. Anything more and I also seem more lethargic.

On weekends I used to stay in bed until about 1pm but these days the latest I get up is 10am, any later and I feel like I've wasted most the day.

I love my sleep but rarely get an undisturbed night either due to the OH's breathing or Monty.

I don't do afternoon naps anymore as if I nap then my contact lenses stick to my eyes and are difficult to remove!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >