Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 05:17 PM

Aggression towards Entire Male's

Hi Guys,
Just wondering how to handle this,Fen is really good off lead,recall is good and he doesn't bother with other dogs when been walked.
We seem to have a problem though with entire males,they are always trying to hump him,they tend to make a beeline straight for him,he doesn't like this behaviour and growls and snaps at them,he is always under control and doesn't bother them and i had one stupid owner say this morning well let them fight
The last thing i want is a fight,but i really don't know how to stop him been so attractive to other entire males,castrated dogs he is fine with and he's also fine around bitches.
Any advice please.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 05:37 PM
oh thats not good poor thing what about getting the spray you can buy for bitches when in season to stop males getting intressed just a thought i now he is male but maybe there is a smell being given off that says he is not..... sorry not much help
Tania
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Poor lad, it must be really irritating. Unfortuneatly, I can't give any advice, but hope (expect) someone will be able to give some good tips.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 05:41 PM
"Let them fight" was she from this planet!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
"Let them fight" was she from this planet!
What a strange type of owner!

Have you spoken to your vet? perhaps it is a medical problem?

Wys
x
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

05-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi Sal and Sorryy Sjpurt as reards the bitch spray, I used it years ago on one of my bitches and I'm afraid it was just like using Doggie perfume and saying "come and get me" they ignored her more without the spray, but don't know if spraying a dog with it would be any different , wouldnt think so. What a stupid woman to suggest that you let them fight . Sorry I really can't be of help.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 06:30 PM
hi lovezois i was not sure i have never used it just read about it that was all. but thanks for letting me now i wont buy any.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

05-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by sjpurt View Post
hi lovezois i was not sure i have never used it just read about it that was all. but thanks for letting me now i wont buy any.
Unless they have changed it over the years I feel it would be a waste of Money.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 07:37 PM
A UTI can smell like in season ness in a bitch - I wonder if it could be anything like this (I know he is a boy)
huskadie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2007, 06:33 PM
I have exactly the same problem with my neutered boy Milo.When im out,even with him and one of my bitches, entire dogs ALWAYS try to hump Milo and yet leave the girl alone.....he's usually quite tolerant but we did have an incident on the beach with a big black lab(owner nowhere to be seen )where i had to try n hold them apart.I dont know when fenn was castrated but Milo was only 5/6 months and i always wonder if this has anything to do with it..........(sorry to rant on..... )
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >