Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
xtashax1
New Member!
Female 

05-03-2011, 07:25 AM

Diesel has diarrea first time ever

So Friday morning Diesel nicked my cats tuna he ate about a small tins worth, and since late last night when i took him out for his last walk he has diarrea, its not really really bad, but his never really had diarrea before this. when i took him out his creat this morning he had gone twice through the night, and so far once outside this morning, it also had a very very small amount of blood in it which i think is because how often his been in a short amount of time. Could it be the tuna that caused this?
wendyg1975
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Hi there,

Wondering what sort of diarheoa it is..... what colour? is he straining does he seem distressed?

my dog has eaten tuna before and been fine, so i guess its hard to say if its that or not, i guess diesel could have a more sensitive stomach....

its always recommended that if a dog has the runs for more than 24 hrs to seek medical advice.

i would be concerened about the blood, maybe ring your vet just for some info and see what they say about the blood....

i would keep an eye on him and see how he goes, make sure he doesnt dehydrate this can happen rapid in dogs and make sure hes weeing....

he could be that the tuna was too rich for him and this is the outcome for the little mite.... but if his condition changes, ie not eating, not wanting to play go out etc, then a visit to the vet cant hurt.

Hope he feels better soon!!!
xtashax1
New Member!
Female 

05-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Thank you, its kinda like a lightish brown colour he dosnt seem bothered by it, apart from when i had to clean him after he messed his cage last night. its not the full squirts as yet its partly pasty with a small amount of watery poo and the tiniest bit of blood.
i'm just wondering if it was the tuna as my cat only had a few mouthfulls and brought it back up again but has been fine since, this is how diesel got the tuna in the first place as he wouldn't normally eat the cats food as patch (the cat) would see him off normally. all was in date.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Hope he is better soon, you could just ring the vet and ask for thier advice.
Hugs to your boy xxxxx
wendyg1975
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Hey,

my archie had a tummy like that before.... so longs its not green or bright yellow should clear up. make sure doesnt go on longer than two days though as they can get dehydrated.

i guess he just doesnt like tuna.... well his tummy doesnt lol
maybe it was the brine or something......... sounds like he should be okay just keep an eye on him, im sure you will see if anything changes.

finges crossed he will be okay just a tummy bug like we get
)
xtashax1
New Member!
Female 

05-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Thank you for your advise, if his no better by tomorrow morning i will phone the vets.
wendyg1975
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2011, 09:36 AM
yeah thats your best bet..... ive had a few episodes like this with archie... and hes alwways fine after a coule of days.

let me know how he gets on xx
xtashax1
New Member!
Female 

05-03-2011, 10:24 AM
i will , he has just been sick a little bit, yellow colour? he licked some up as i went to get something to clean it up, so i don't know if he had been sick in his cage during the night as he might have cleaned it himself, i think if his no better by this evening then i will phone the vets this evening instead, on a good note he hasn't pooed no more since 7am this morning.
I'v also just relised something else, he had a raw hide y/day aswell which he dosnt normally have, could it have been this?
wendyg1975
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2011, 10:46 AM
dogs always eat the sick lol dunno why..........

erm more than likely bile......... but im no expert.

raw hide....... did he chew it all up? swallow it ? are his gums pink and healthy....

the raw hide could be the problem.... but if hes being sick as well as having had the diarhea... id ring the vet sooner just to chat it over .... i only say that as if a dog cant get something out one end it normally comes up the other....

just dont want there to be anhything more going on.....

how old is he? is he eating and drinking? and will he play and go walkies ~?
xtashax1
New Member!
Female 

05-03-2011, 01:32 PM
his playing, eating (i'm doing small amounts rather then 2 large meals a day) he chewed it all up in to small pieces then ate it i didn't see him eat any large bits. his nearly 6 months old. trying to get him to drink which he hasnt done as yet. so far no more sickness and no more poos since the last time i posted, so i'm hoping that it all has come out of his system? if he is sick any more then i am going to phone the vets. thanks.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >