Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 01:33 PM

A rant...so angry!

I dont know if you all know that my pups Daddy was up to be rehomed as his owners had 'suddenly found out' that they were emigrating.

Anyways I manged to get in touch with a friend of mine that I knew would give the lad (an NI) a good forever home (hes 3 & has had 3 or 4 homes so far).I thought everything was going ok, so did the person I contacted although she was asked to wait until today to see if she could have the dog as they had people travelling a huge distance to come look at him from Dorset.

Fair enough she waited & emailed them this morning to ask if the people from Dorset had been to look at the dog yet.The reply she got ws that he had infact been rehomed with some-one in Norfolk over the weekend!!!

Both myself & my friend have been on tenderhooks since last week to see if she was going to get him & lo & behold the people have let her down & as far as am concerned let him down too

I have sent them this email & to be fair I couldnt care what response I get back, I just feel the way they have treat their animals & the people trying to help them appallingly

"I find it very disheartening that I have emailed you a couple of times regarding how Sasi is doing & not had a reply. I also find it pretty disgusting that you can say to some-one they have a chance of getting a dog that I assured you via email, would have a forever home. You asked them to wait as you have some-one else coming to view the dog ...Only to make them wait & then tell them the dog went to some-one else afterall!
Do me a favour...in future DONT breed dogs. If you want alot of animals, get stuffed ones, then you wont break their hearts by rehoming them & the hearts of people waiting to rehome the dogs you can no longer have!!!!"

Rant over...sorry guys xx
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Was there a promise made that the dog would be given to the person in question?
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Yes, she was told that if the people from Dorset didnt turn up or couldnt make it then she would be mailed & she could have him. But the people from Dorset were relying on getting a lift & could only come today.
The lad was rehomed to some-one in Norfolk over the weekend.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Thats such a shame, especially when they were aesured a great home for their lad with your friend.

Was there money involved? Sometimes if someone is just looking to get rid, money is more important to them than where their pet goes...such a shame
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Just hope hes not been re homed on a whim...sorry for you and your friends dissapointment x
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
Thats such a shame, especially when they were aesured a great home for their lad with your friend.

Was there money involved? Sometimes if someone is just looking to get rid, money is more important to them than where their pet goes...such a shame
They had put him at a silly price as he HAD to go this week.An NI in good health, hipscored parents & his certificates for £75

Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Just hope hes not been re homed on a whim...sorry for you and your friends dissapointment x
I hope so too Inkli, I really hope hes at his forever home now & not with some-one else who just wants to use him as a puppy maker x
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Such a shame for all involved they dont sound like the sort of people to own a dog never mind breed

But then my dogs are part of the family and if for any reason we were emigrating they would come with us or we wouldnt go - Simple as.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 02:26 PM
This sort of story breaks my heart. Not only because I would be devastated if I had had a promise of a dog broken but because I feel so sorry for this woofer being pushed from pillar to post
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Poor dog, I hope he has a forever home where he is appreciated.

As others have said I wouldn't go anywhere my dogs couldn't.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Such a shame Bev. Do you think they were more interested in the money than a decent home? Though I know his price kept going down. You would think a decent home would've been their priority but it seems not. I wonder why he has had so many homes in his short life. Three years of age and 4 or five homes, a great shame. Lets hope this one is finally a decent forever home.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >