Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 09:47 AM

I was in a collision last night

..........with an extremely large cow. It just came out of nowhere, good job I was in my little old nissan as I more went under it than into it, the cow just toddled off down the lane eating grass and I was left with a large dint in my wing panel. was quite a shock tho, really wasnt expecting it and its a good job I wasnt going any faster. little old farmer was quite concerned about me and said his cow was fine lol, went all the way to essex in that ancient little car without a hiccup and then collide with a cow a mile from home
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 09:49 AM
is the farmer gonna pay for the damage seen as his cow WANDERED into the road! glad you are both ok though!
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:01 AM
well everyone has said i should have done that but i was so glad the cow was ok that i didnt think lol, my car is ancient and is still running ok, i wouldve felt awful if i had killed it. I am fine tho, thanks, was in a bit of shock, not everyday you run into 2 tonnes of cow lol.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Glad you are OK. I would have thought the farmer was liable for the damage to your car, after all there is no way that cow should have been on the road.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Blimey - you can't really get more rural than that, can you Sue? Pleased you're ok hon x
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Blimey - you can't really get more rural than that, can you Sue? Pleased you're ok hon x
Lol, no you cant, i had a large billy goat trot past my house the other day, the cows are great escape artists lol, they often jump the fences.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:22 AM
I used to work for a well-known Irish insurance company and the farmer probably IS liable, in a case I was involved in the farmer had to pay for the damage.
Glad you're ok - it's certainly a hazard where we live! Recently I have been sheep herding up the back lanes where they have escaped with their lambs, the car is quite good at keeping them moving! Luckily there are so many open gates and gaps in hedges that they dive back in pretty quickly!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Please you are ok hun, it could have been a whole load worse.xx
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:38 AM
glad your ok, the car couldv'e been a right off and the cow would still have walked away...x
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2008, 10:42 AM
OMG! Glad you're ok. Silly cow lol hope the farmer has promised you lots of fillet steak to make you feel better! lol x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >