Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
my kids school is on strike but they are getting supply teachers to manage for half a day then kids can come home.

I am at the moment being nagged by the kids to allow them a day off lol, apparently all their friend are not going in.

The annoying part for me is it is still going to cost me £10 to get kids in, on school bus, but just for half day and they probabley wont do that much anyway.
They're not ALLOWED to get agency staff in to cover strikers (hence a lot of supplies being very annoyed about the strikes because it's hitting us - and we don't GET pensions)!

Only reason I'm out and working tomorrow is it's a pre-arranged booking for someone who's out doing PPA so not on strike.

Shame cos I have the world's stinkingest cold and I'd actually love the day spent horizontal in bed but I need the money.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Thats interesting then, my kids said tonight that they where having supply teachers in tomorrow. Will have to quiz them a bit later about that one lol
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
They're not ALLOWED to get agency staff in to cover strikers (hence a lot of supplies being very annoyed about the strikes because it's hitting us - and we don't GET pensions)!

Only reason I'm out and working tomorrow is it's a pre-arranged booking for someone who's out doing PPA so not on strike.

Shame cos I have the world's stinkingest cold and I'd actually love the day spent horizontal in bed but I need the money.
You can use supply staff as long as they are not agency staff.I am a supply teacher and am allowed to cover strike absences, The unions did not consult supply staff.I am not employed by an agency but wok directly from the LA and DO have make pension payments....
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2