Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 08:25 AM

Long-lasting friendship

On Monday 31st July, Jackie and I have been close friends for 30 years.

I well remember moving into this house. It was the summer of 1976, and a scorcher. I remember saying to my husband at the time (there's been sooo many.... ) that I would never move again, and that they would have to carry me out of here in a wooden box!

The estate was newly built, and I moved into number 4. Jackie was already in at number 1, and came along with mugs of tea and biscuits.

The pathways weren't laid, and planks were down so you could walk safely around the place.

My daughter was nearly 5, we had our beautiful afghan hound, Sheba, and everything seemed right with the world.

Not much has changed really. Jackie always craved the 50's and still does - for the fashion, the excitement, the music - everything really. We've been so hard up, we've shared a pound of sausages between four adults and three kids....... thank heavens times have changed!

We've fallen out a couple of times, as most close friends do, but not for years - I guess we tolerate each other more now we're older. She drives me nuts, and I'm sure I do the same to her. The main thing is we are always there for each other, and we laugh loads

On Monday we are going to Windsor for the day - it's one of our favourite places, and where we go to celebrate birthdays as it's a "bit posh". I'm really looking forward to it - we'll do all the daft things - boat trip, feed the swans, have a posh lunch, spend too much money

I've bought her a little present and am thinking of putting some words on paper for her, so wish me luck.

Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Here's to friendship, a very precious thing. 30 years is well worth celebrating Vicki
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Aww Vicki That's lovely.

Here's to another 30 years of friendship x

Good Luck x
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 11:37 AM
That's lovely Vicki Many more to come x
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Aww, that's really nice

Happy 30th friendship day for next Monday
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Aww that brought a lump to my throat

Thats so nice....

I was born that summer
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 08:27 PM
in september me and my mate lyn have known each other for 27 years.shes seen me through so much , and she's still here for me today while i'm still going through it!!It's at times like this when you realise who your real mates are, and the last 2 years have been a real learning curve for me!!the people i thought would always be there for me have run for the hills and the ones who i wasn't sure about have come up trumps!!
well done vicki 30 years is a long time!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Nice one Vicki, good mates are hard to come by, especially those that you can trust. I wish you both a lovely day out xxx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Aww thats lovely Vicki, sounds like you have a really good friend there in Jackie Hope you have a lovely time on Monday
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 10:54 PM
aww how lovely is that hope you both have a wonderful day
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >