Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nikki_and_Brodi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2009, 07:58 PM

Small Growth on side of head... possible tumour

Hi

Wee Brodie went in for surgery this morning to remove a lump from the side of his head. He went in to the vet's back in March for his annual boosters. The vet told me then that he was too fat, even though he's 19.50kg and the last vet said he would be healthy at 50kg, that his teeth were a disgrace, one tooth has tartar on it. Then i said about the small lump on the side of his face... got told it could be anything and just to ignore it.

Well last week I was getting increasingly worried as it had grown, it was by no means huge but big enough to cause concern. Went in and got a great vet, who told me his teeth were fine and its the gum line you need to worry about rather than theteeth. Well this lump could be a tumour and it needed to be removed.
He went in for his op this morning, worried wasn't the word for it. Got him home and he was rather dopey and sleepy. He's bit better now but he keeps crying, know obviously he's going to be in a bit of pain and it does look rather sore...

It's going to take 10 days for the results to come back from the lump. Know this part is over but the thought that it could be a tumour scares me. Has anyone's dog ever had a tumour removed and then the pup developed more? Or am i just worrying over nothing???
macapaca
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2009, 08:07 PM
No you are not worrying about nothing, we worry about them just as if they were children. Hopefully it will be nothing but glad you got a good vet to do the best thing and get it checked out and treated. I'm sure he'll be fine. Good luck x
macapaca
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2009, 08:10 PM
P.S. He could be crying because he still groggy from the anaesthetic. It can make them feel out of sorts for a while x
Nikki_and_Brodi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by macapaca View Post
P.S. He could be crying because he still groggy from the anaesthetic. It can make them feel out of sorts for a while x
thanks,hopefully! feel so guilty, just want to cuddle in but he's not a cuddly dog so he's happy in his bed. Which is the best place for him. Poor wee man... thanks
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Just wanted to send (((((HUGS)))))) and healing vibes hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nikki_and_Brodi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2009, 07:30 AM
thanks he's still crying this morning unsure whether to phone the vet to see if he can get some painkillers...
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Nikki_and_Brodi View Post
thanks he's still crying this morning unsure whether to phone the vet to see if he can get some painkillers...
HIYA
I would say if you were worried at all, then you should give the vets a call, it wont do any harm and they may be able to set your mind at ease ( providing its not the horrid first vet you spoke to !!)

hugs for brodie
Nikki_and_Brodi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2009, 09:56 AM
thanks, i've phoned the vet and they think he's just out of sorts. He's quieter now by poor baby boy!
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 10:26 AM
How is Brodi today?
Maybe he was feeling the after effects of having the anaesthetic?? Might make him feel sickly.
Nikki_and_Brodi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
How is Brodi today?
Maybe he was feeling the after effects of having the anaesthetic?? Might make him feel sickly.
he's feeling bit better, back to running to the door and phone when it rings or knocks. He's not crying as much but still the occassional one. He's eating fine and dandy, he's not too keen on his walks so only had 3 tiny ones today. But think he's feeling bit better

thanks for asking
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >