View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2016, 08:43 PM
I have done my utmost to ignore most of her posts Jackie and believe me it has taken some will power.
Her references over the last few days and tonight's rudeness directed at Norma made me see red.
As for two way respect try giving some first and you may get some back NickyAnne.
I have come across some nasty, rude disrespectful people in my time but you are something else altogether.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-07-2016, 09:03 PM
You wouldn't know respect if it hit you in the face
With your superior knowledge of training german shorthairs ,you'd like to enlighten me where i'v been going wrong for the last 25years of owning and working this particular breed
Just be very very careful what you say and print on an open forum
Doubt you've heard the sayings
DONT TRY AND TEACH YOUR GRANDMOTHER HOW TO SUCK EGGS and CHILDREN SHOULD BE SEEN AND NOT HEARD
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
The English Foxhound is an athletic hunting dog. The skull is wide and the muzzle is long. The nose is about 4 inches long (10 cm) with wide-open nostrils. The teeth should meet in a scissors bite. The hanging ears are set low, lying flat to the head. Some choose to "round" the ears, which means about 1 1/2 inches are cut off of the end of the ear. The large eyes are brown. The legs are straight and the cat-like feet are round. The long tail is set high. The coat is short, hard, dense and glossy. Coat colors come in black, tan and white, for example tricolor (black, white and tan), or bicolor with a white background, or any combination of these three.

Prove it wrong that idiots crop the ears of English Foxhounds?

Then look up the word respect.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...6944/lightbox/
I don't have to prove anything it was your statement so you prove that they do, and not by a link to a US website.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2016, 09:13 PM
My German shorthairs are seldom more than 200 to 300 yards from me, and as they cross my path constantly so typically they are within 50 yards of me. You seem agitated about something, perhaps the fact that your doggies need to be leashed for their own safety.

Try again kid

Playing with the local children, note the smile on Moms face.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...ream/lightbox/
My name is Gnasher, or Nikki, I have the good manners sufficient to call you NiIckyAnn, I would be grateful if you could extend to me the same courtesy and call me by my nickname or my christian name, I care not which.

You stated more than once than your GSP ranges up to 5 miles away from you ... now it's only a few hundred yards. And yes, unless we have the area to ourselves, Ben is leashed - not for his safety but because in this country it is considered good manners, apart from common sense.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2016, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
You wouldn't know respect if it hit you in the face
With your superior knowledge of training german shorthairs ,you'd like to enlighten me where i'v been going wrong for the last 25years of owning and working this particular breed
Just be very very careful what you say and print on an open forum
Doubt you've heard the sayings
DONT TRY AND TEACH YOUR GRANDMOTHER HOW TO SUCK EGGS and CHILDREN SHOULD BE SEEN AND NOT HEARD
Nice insult to grandmothers. As for children, they can not get close enough to Magnum https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...6944/lightbox/

Enjoy the rest of your night.................!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2016, 09:17 PM
I find it amazing that as a German Pointer owner in the USA that I know more about English Foxhounds than the English do.

The English Foxhound is an athletic hunting dog. The skull is wide and the muzzle is long. The nose is about 4 inches long (10 cm) with wide-open nostrils. The teeth should meet in a scissors bite. The hanging ears are set low, lying flat to the head. Some choose to "round" the ears, which means about 1 1/2 inches are cut off of the end of the ear. The large eyes are brown. The legs are straight and the cat-like feet are round. The long tail is set high. The coat is short, hard, dense and glossy. Coat colors come in black, tan and white, for example tricolor (black, white and tan), or bicolor with a white background, or any combination of these three.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/englishfoxhound.htm
You do not, you just cut and pasted that from a website - anybody can do that.

My family on both sides - paternal and fraternal - have been actively involved in foxhunting for centuries. My great grandfather was hunting still well into his 80's, he lived to 96, and my grandmother shocked Leicestershire hunting society in the 20's by riding astride instead of side saddle. My ancestors were fox hunting long before Christopher Columbus discovered your country. Not that I am particularly proud of the fact, but back then they knew no better.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2016, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
My name is Gnasher, or Nikki, I have the good manners sufficient to call you NiIckyAnn, I would be grateful if you could extend to me the same courtesy and call me by my nickname or my christian name, I care not which.

You stated more than once than your GSP ranges up to 5 miles away from you ... now it's only a few hundred yards. And yes, unless we have the area to ourselves, Ben is leashed - not for his safety but because in this country it is considered good manners, apart from common sense.
I never said that my dogs range 5 miles away from me, I said that English Pointers are typically in the 1 to 5 mile range. Sheesh 5 miles is bigger than most of the parks we typically use, so trust me I never said that. But if the fools who do not know that the English crop English Foxhounds ears do not comprehend reality, as I proved and you agreed too, that would be situation normal. Got that kid Gnash?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2016, 09:20 PM

Prove it wrong that idiots crop the ears of English Foxhounds?

Then look up the word respect.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...6944/lightbox/
I have already told you that at the latter end of the 19th century, the Prince of Wales, soon to become King Edward 7th, wrote to the kennel club expostulating to them about the cruelty of rounding off hounds' ears. It was subsequently banned. Which is why I had never heard of it - because for well over 100 years it has not been done in this country. However, clearly in the great USA it continues ... lovely
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2016, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
The only way we will get rid of her Lynn is to stop responding to her posts, she can only post in this thread so is throwing everything she can in here to wind folk up.

Azz has no intention of getting rid of her, so maybe we can do it ourselves by completely ignoring the idiot,
Don't spoil my fun Jackie!! She is such an ignorant idiot, it is a real pleasure to put her down. I am not normally a bitch, but I have to say I am taking a great deal of delight in being one

OMG!!! As I type there is a spider the biggest I have ever seen climbing up my bedroom wall!! It is all of 2" across - hope to God it doesn't come over my bed!!
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-07-2016, 09:23 PM
Don't wory about me having an enjoyable night Nicky Ann I'm in my element why wouldn't I be with my 4 off lead well trained electronic free pointers at my side
Page 37 of 57 « First < 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 47 > Last »