Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 11:55 AM

CSJ - I'm a bit unsure...

Takara was fed CSJ in the past and it was really brilliant for her skin. I can't remember but I think we had elephant dumps when on it, but other than that she was a good weight with a good coat and her skin rash disappeared...

I've been looking at the website again today... I fed 'that'll do' (£9.85 for 15kg) and as I'm really skint at the moment, I wondered about moving back onto it (after all she was doing well on it).
The reason I moved onto Arden Grange was to see if it filled her up better being larger kibble sizes but apparently not.

Thing is, reading the ingredients it looks like rubbish! What would you suggest? Is it really that good?
It doesn't have the glucosamine and chrondoitin that the arden grange large breed has but if I'm paying a third of the price I can afford a supplement to put with it!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 11:57 AM
My 2 are on "That'll Do" and they're doing really well on it.

They have bags of energy, aren't itching/scratching, solid poos all the time, their coats are nice and shiny and their teeth are nice and clean.

I occasionally mix a bit of tuna, sardines, a raw egg or olive oil into it, maybe twice a week, just for variation, but they'll scarf it down anyway!
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 12:07 PM
My two are on the CSJ Champ and are looking really well on it, lovely shiny coats and no itching. I was feeding Wafcol before and felt guilty changing them to a cheaper food, but I couldn't afford £64 a month! I feel much better now about it though as they are looking good on the CSJ
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 03:09 PM
What about Autarky??? Thats great stuff. CSJ promote it here, Jack is on that and he looks great on it and its cheap too. A little more than the CSJ you were talking about ( about £16 for 15kg bag) but its quite concentrated. I swear by it for jack
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks guys...

Sarah, I'll have a look at Autarky but I know T did well on the CSJ (although that was when I struggled to get weight on her - now that she's little miss porky I may have to be careful!) so I don't mind putting her back on it I just wasn't sure how good it really was. I guess only the condition of your dog can tell you that...
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Funny isn't it, my two couldn't tollerate Autarky but are fine on CSJ. CSJ felt it was the herbs in th Autarky that made mine have runny poo, itchy skin and they were bald in places. Might be worth getting some samples from CSJ and see if they can send you a sample of Autarky as I know other peoples dogs who do really well on the Autarky.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2008, 07:37 PM
I've fed Autarky before...found it great except my boys put weight on with it!
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2008, 04:43 PM
It is funny how different dogs can tolerate different things. I'm sure CSJ is great stuff, since you know it already, I would just go back to that. Autarky would have been great for her if you still needed to get weight her.