View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 10:36 PM
HI Staffypup - firstly what a little love bundle - she is gorgeous and I dont want to be a worry wart in any way so I am just giving you some advice

I cant comment one way or another in terms of topline etc etc - However I have a rescue staff and at 4 yrs old we have discovered that he has hip dysplacia which is now forming athritis in his back legs - if this had been picked up as a puppy then things might be slightly better for him now. I dont know where you got ur pup from etc so cant comment on hip scoring etc - But if you are in any doubt about her legs particularly back end then get it checked out - when we got Bruno at nearly two years old we just thought that that was the way he walked as he never showed pain etc - but now discovering nearly two years later that he has this makes me feel guilty for never really pushing it with the vet b4

In all likelihood you probably have new mother syndrome - but you will get to know your dog better than your vet so if you have doubts - check it out

Otherwise - good luck - she looks gorgeous !!
dani & bruno the staffie !!
staffypuppyplease
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2005, 01:01 PM
hi bruno and dani, thanks for the advice she is going to have her check up with the vet this week so fingers crossed im not sure if its just the picture that makes her look kinda bent or not so ill be sure to ask the vet when we see them, the hip scores were fine from mum and dad so i hope she will be too will let you all know
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2005, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about her looks right now (or comparing her to any standard) she is a pup and that is how she should look; just concentrate on enjoying her and enjoying her being a puppy. Pups change drastically sometimes the ugliest pups become the most beautiful dogs and vice versa you never know what you will have until they are fully grown so for now just enjoy her and have fun.

Laura
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2005, 01:07 PM
puppies normally carry a little puppy fat anyway so you wond get a true picture of what they will look like until they start to develop a bit. Dont worry Im sure all will be fine (says the biggest worrier ever)

Unusual to see staffys hipscored - but sensible
staffypuppyplease
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2005, 01:13 PM
hi Lel the breader got them hip scored as she wanted to be sure that there would be no chance of prob she said that she once had a staffy with hip probs so she didnt want to put the new owners through the same thing i guess she done us all a fav as we knew that she would be healthy b4 we took her home to love her lol
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2005, 01:28 PM
she is a little beauty....
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2