Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2008, 08:12 AM

Not happy about Mia's new class!!

Sorry, a bit of a moan....

When Mia started in reception at school, she went in a class with a little girl that went to her nursery, things went a little pearshaped as Mia started to make new friends and this little girl didnt, she stuck to Mia like glue and would never leave her alone, Mia became unhappy about it and would on occasion not want to play with her, this went on a while, until one day i had the girls dad come up to me to inform me that Mia and her new best friend Mya, had been bullying his daughter, pulling her hair, pushing her in the playground, well we were horrified so decided to take this up with their teacher.

Mia's dad and I went to see her and she informed us that she didnt feel it was actually Mia and Mya at all and that the problem was this little girl (the bullying was untrue) and when they moved up to year 1 she would make sure they were not in the same class, which they werent.

Mia is now at the end of year 1 and we found out last week which classes they will be in for year 2, Mia and Mya are still together, which they are both thrilled about but guess who they have also put in their class????

What has made it worse is, we bumped into this little girls mum the other day and she told us how excited her daughter is that she is with Mia next term and its all she can talk about!!!!

I am so worried now that this is going to cause more problems, Mia doesnt want me to say anything but i feel i have to let their new teacher know the history, i am so annoyed, Mia does sooooo well at school, she is far from a bully and she has lots of friends and i dont want things to go bad just because, whoever decided the new classes is an idiot!!!!

Thanks for listening, i feel better now.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2008, 08:48 AM
From a teachers point of view there may already be notes on this going up to the new teacher. However, I would always wish to be forewarned of a possible problem so that I could keep an eye on the situation.It also means I could talk to the reception teacher before the new year starts.

From aparents point of view, although she doesn't want you to say anything a word in the teacher's ear might prevent things from happening.

Good luck.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't think a quiet word would be out of order - even if they don't change the class over, they can keep an eye out.

Sorry you have this stress too, on top of your recent other *hugs*
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Agree with the above. Charlie had this too, not the bullying but with a boy who got 'attached' to Charlie..... which meant Charlie was not working as well as he should do. It was a few years ago, they actually moved Charlie not the other boy, which I was a bit miffed about at the time, but as the other boy had 'problems' I understood.
Then they ended up back together again, but Charlie has moved on and has a good circle of friends so the other boy doesn't pester him anymore.
Tbh I feel sorry for the other boy, he used to come round and his Mum used to take Charlie out with them all sorts of places, swimming, cinema etc, but his family life is a bit of a mess and he gets bullied. I still see his Mum very occassionally, the last time was in the police station as she was in reporting for her probation or something!

But anyway, what I am trying to say is hopefully this girl may see that Mia has moved on, just keep a very watchful eye in case things start happening so you can nip it the bud.
I've never said to Charlie 'don't play with so and so' (well only once with our nightmare of a next door neighbour) but you can just foster the friendship she has with Mya all the more.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2008, 10:28 AM
I think it would be a good idea to speak to the new teacher.

Also, knowing kids, they may end up being friends! My friend's grandson sometimes tells her some boy in his class has hit him, then the next day they are playing together.

I hope your little girl settles in her new class and everything is ok for her x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2008, 11:32 AM
have they gone throught the whole year with just one problem, if so the kids may well have sorted it out by themselfs now,, mabey they have fell into a routine!
Im sure if the whole years gone by with only one thing going wrong {or not as the case may be} they will be fine,
that said as a parent, I would mention it to the new teacher I wouldnt want my child branded a bully when its clearly not the case x
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks guys, i will have a word with the teacher just so she can keep an eye on things

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
have they gone throught the whole year with just one problem, if so the kids may well have sorted it out by themselfs now,, mabey they have fell into a routine!
Im sure if the whole years gone by with only one thing going wrong {or not as the case may be} they will be fine,
that said as a parent, I would mention it to the new teacher I wouldnt want my child branded a bully when its clearly not the case x

There was only problems when they were in the same class, for the last year they have been in separate classes so all has been fine, it would be things like, if they had to have a partner for something, she would want Mia, Mia would want Mya, or who they sit next too, if this little girl didnt get her own way, the stories of bullying would crop up. As Mia and Mya will still be together (they have a huge bond) i can see it all happening again.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Thanks guys, i will have a word with the teacher just so she can keep an eye on things

There was only problems when they were in the same class, for the last year they have been in separate classes so all has been fine, it would be things like, if they had to have a partner for something, she would want Mia, Mia would want Mya, or who they sit next too, if this little girl didnt get her own way, the stories of bullying would crop up. As Mia and Mya will still be together (they have a huge bond) i can see it all happening again.
Ah now I see the problem, I would defo have a word with the teacher,