Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2013, 07:22 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Saturday).

Morning everyone.
Still damp and a bit misty here today but I would rather it be like this than the weather they are predicting for us over the weekend. More snow possibly.
It did snow in April 28 years ago the weekend before Micheal was born our youngest son then the weekend he was born it was beautiful and sunny and warm.

Well not a lot doing here this weekend more jobs to do on the house have some outside ones to do so could really do with a change in the weather for the good then we can start getting some valuations and onto the market it can't come quick enough for me now. Not sure how much more I can take mentally over the worry.
Gorden still not heard from Lincs about interview but he isn't worried says he should hear in the week. Either way interview or not job offer or not house being sold and moving that way and no mortgage that's the plan. We have no choice in the matter if we want to keep a roof over our heads.
But hey we live to fight another day.

Pat just caught up with your thread about your son and all sounding good. Enjoy your chat later today.

Jenny I hope the mouth isn't too sore today.

Lorraine good news about Davie being able to go to Cadets with you. Might you rest this weekend ?

Malka I hope you are feeling better today you do seem to of been under the weather for a while now.

Helena hopefully a quieter less stressful weekend for you after another Friday fiasco with workmen. You can relax now on the Dave living and working away situation now too can't you so that's all good.

Sally I hope the cough is feeling better.

Chris I hope your Dave is feeling better and you are too.

June I hope you have a less worrying day today over Ash and Storm. Lets hope there is some positive news for them both.

Sorry if I have missed anyone. Will catch you;later if I have,

Have a good Saturday all and stay safe.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 07:29 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Sounds like you're heading in the right direction now, job or no job in Lincs, it will give you great peace of mind once you downsize. Thanks yes, we're more settled now Lynn, but I'm sure there'll be something else Dave will come up with to send me into another spin.

Not raining but dull and dismal, and looks like here in the south east, we'll miss the snow thank goodness, although it's going to turn very cold by Monday Just as I was getting used to thinner clothes.

The boiler worked well since he spent 2 hours fixing what wasn't broke I'm going to pop up to the van and see if my guests are sticking it out with the bad weather, and if they've gone home, then I can get in there and do my bit before the next lot arrives on Tuesday for 3 weeks. Then it'll be my turn whilst Dave does this fireplace arrangement.

I think we'll do the top of the beach this morning just to stay clean, cos the state Zena came home in yesterday when Dave walked her, event though she had her overalls on, was really bad, the mud must have been everywhere again, and considering it rained all day long here yesterday, it isn't going to be any better up there today is it.

Hope all of you who are feeling rough are on the mend today. Pat, I hope you get that phone call you missed yesterday and glad you had a lovely catch up on the missed sleep.

Enjoy your week-end all
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Morning Lynn and all

I hope things fall into place for you and Gorden soon. Things start moving on the housing market this time of year so fingers crossed.

Not much going on here, it's very foggy atm so will steer clear of the roads with the dogs today. I am working this afternoon should be quiet apart from the diehard mountain bikers who seem to thrive in the mud!

Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn and everyone

Sounds like you're heading in the right direction now, job or no job in Lincs, it will give you great peace of mind once you downsize. Thanks yes, we're more settled now Lynn, but I'm sure there'll be something else Dave will come up with to send me into another spin.

Not raining but dull and dismal, and looks like here in the south east, we'll miss the snow thank goodness, although it's going to turn very cold by Monday Just as I was getting used to thinner clothes.

The boiler worked well since he spent 2 hours fixing what wasn't broke I'm going to pop up to the van and see if my guests are sticking it out with the bad weather, and if they've gone home, then I can get in there and do my bit before the next lot arrives on Tuesday for 3 weeks. Then it'll be my turn whilst Dave does this fireplace arrangement.

I think we'll do the top of the beach this morning just to stay clean, cos the state Zena came home in yesterday when Dave walked her, event though she had her overalls on, was really bad, the mud must have been everywhere again, and considering it rained all day long here yesterday, it isn't going to be any better up there today is it.

Hope all of you who are feeling rough are on the mend today. Pat, I hope you get that phone call you missed yesterday and glad you had a lovely catch up on the missed sleep.

Enjoy your week-end all
Morning Helena. I expect it will be very muddy your way like it is here. We had rain all day too and I road walked Dillon and he was mucky as well.
I was getting use to the lighter clothes too such a shame it is turning cold again. Roll on Spring can't wait.
I hope Dave doesn't come up with anymore worries for you. If he does he may end living in the caravan full time.

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn and all

I hope things fall into place for you and Gorden soon. Things start moving on the housing market this time of year so fingers crossed.

Not much going on here, it's very foggy atm so will steer clear of the roads with the dogs today. I am working this afternoon should be quiet apart from the diehard mountain bikers who seem to thrive in the mud!

Have a good day all.
Morning Gerri sounds a wise move to stay off the roads while walking the dogs if it is foggy.
I hope work is quiet for you. Never understood the wanting to get caked in mud business myself. I always rode my bike in the dry weather and in a genteel manner on a warm sunny day. If I tried now I would probably fall off.
Watch you don't get splattered by all the mud.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2013, 08:51 AM

Having been falling asleep from about 6pm yesterday and knowing that if I went to bed [or even had a nap on the couch] I would have to set the alarm for 11pm and then would no doubt be up all night, I managed to make it until coming up to 10pm and kept thinking "another few minutes then I can give Pereg her pill a bit early and go to do bed". Luckily she slept through until 6.30am so I gave her her morning pill early and we both went back to bed for another three hours.

So - I should manage to go through today but wish I could have an afternoon nanny nap - impossible though because of her 3pm pill.

I know I should go to the doctor but then again what can she do? I mean I seem fine for days and then bang, whatever it is hits me again - probably just my age and general lousy health, plus there is always a virus going round which seems to have my name on it.

It has been a really odd winter with the weather changing almost daily, and I know I will be complaining about the heat soon, but I just wish it would make its mind up, as I seem to be either putting more clothes on because I am cold or taking them off as I am hot. At least in the summer I just roast!

Hope you got that phone call from Martin, Pat - it is bad enough being so far away without the time difference to contend with as well.

Have a good day everyone.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Morning Lynn,Morning all

Not a nice morning here,wet although it's not raining at the moment.

I have to take Tom to an open morning this morning at Lizzie's college he's interested in an animal care course in starting in september,I think he will be amazed,it's a lovely college

Then just the normal stuff for me,need to pop to Tesco but can do that on the way to college.
Still have no phone and the Broadband keeps going down I sent BT quite a sharp email last night

Have a good day all x
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

A very dull and damp day here but not actually raining. Polly coming over at 10 and off to walk the dogs. Think it will have to be somewhere fairly dry ( ) as all the fields are sodden here. I was woken at 5.40 by the dogs again and tried a new tack. I know its because Rucksack has an acidy tummy and wants to go and eat grass, so I gave them both a small handful of kibble and they both trotted back to bed without asking to go outside, until 8.

I hope you all have a relaxing day, enjoy your walks with the dogs and any poorly people or dogs are feeling better today.

See you all later.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Hi TW My heart goes out to you,its really nasty to be let down by members off the human race,and what really gets to me they merrily go on there way,not even realising what they have done to a fellow being.I had an instance many years ago,a client the Winters,showbiz ,I knew Mike was taking all the money and buying land in the u.s.a,Bernie was lovely,every Friday without fail,he would come into my office with a kosher bacon sandwich dripping with sauce,a bag of cakes for the office,and he would have us in stitches,lovely man.I did go to the senior partner,but he said do not get involved in family matters.So had to let it go,a few months down the line,Mike had gone,walked out of the partnership,left his brother with nothing,Bernie was sued because he couldnt honour all the bookings,I have never seen a man go down hill so quick,so I had a word with my Dad,he knewa lot of the people in showbiz and he got him in another partnership doing Flanagan and Allan.A few months later he came back to the office,I had my dads dalamation cherry with me,he loved dogs,and he looked at me and we nearly spoke the same words they never let you down,cherry had her head on his knee (she was a real tart would roll over atthe drop off a hat)I said jokingly you would be better off getting a dog as your straight guy,Bernie saidyou are probably right,A fewweeks later broke and despondant he came back,I have been giving it some thought,what I had forgotten the conversation. He said I could be like that freud guy him with the bloodhound,oh so come on what sort of dog,well its got to be big and have hangdog expression,leave it with me,and we went to Blackpool and bought Snobitz.Many years later mike came back terminally ill,Bernie went to his side.But when people treat you badly,I always think I canrise above it and they are the losers not us,and one day when they are all alone,they will realise the error of their ways,so hang on in there crystalgirl
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Quite soggy and damp here this morning. Everyone had brekkie and I have had Lona in overnight, so she went a walk round to download and am now having my own brekkie before I get organised outside and get everyone out if I can, have got it worked out logistically all I need is for the doggies to co-operate with me!!!
No news from Germany yet about Arctic Storm, apart from the email last night from his previous family. I would love to get hold of her and shake her till her teeth rattled, I am so fuming about whats happened, all I can do now is a fire fighting exercise and damage limitation.
Have had an enquiry already about Ash this morning and have emailed them back for more details about them and their experience, they want to come over and meet him, fingers crossed they are suitable.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Having been falling asleep from about 6pm yesterday and knowing that if I went to bed [or even had a nap on the couch] I would have to set the alarm for 11pm and then would no doubt be up all night, I managed to make it until coming up to 10pm and kept thinking "another few minutes then I can give Pereg her pill a bit early and go to do bed". Luckily she slept through until 6.30am so I gave her her morning pill early and we both went back to bed for another three hours.

So - I should manage to go through today but wish I could have an afternoon nanny nap - impossible though because of her 3pm pill.

I know I should go to the doctor but then again what can she do? I mean I seem fine for days and then bang, whatever it is hits me again - probably just my age and general lousy health, plus there is always a virus going round which seems to have my name on it.

It has been a really odd winter with the weather changing almost daily, and I know I will be complaining about the heat soon, but I just wish it would make its mind up, as I seem to be either putting more clothes on because I am cold or taking them off as I am hot. At least in the summer I just roast!

Hope you got that phone call from Martin, Pat - it is bad enough being so far away without the time difference to contend with as well.

Have a good day everyone.
Hi Malka.I have a chronic condition,and I react badly to the change off weather,even if my house is 21degrees,so end up wearing loads of layers,but I have a sign when things get bad for me I go purple on my fingers and feet,just like parker ink,I then just have to surrender to it,which is very hard especially if you are nota quitter,normally I can just go to bed read and doze,but if I dont god help me. So maybe you have to quit fighting and really listen to your body,it isnt easy,but its better to listen then push and push until you are on the floor,being rushed to hospital,and that is much worse being in hospital and all that entails crystalgirl
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »