Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2010, 02:05 PM

I was in the dog house this weekend!

Hi All

Hope you all had a great bank holiday weekend?! I was very ill yesterday (cough cough hangover) and am infact still feeling a little fragile today!

I mentioned a while ago that we were getting a Cat from the local rescue, well I picked her up on Saturday, she is called Jess (I will do a thread of her later) and Monty loved it at first but then he soon realised he will not always be the centre of attention anymore and he spent the whole of Saturday giving me the cold shoulder! At first I thought he was a bit poorly as he was off his food etc, but no it seems his nose had just been put out of joint with our new arrival!

However yesterday went well (he went to OH's parents on Sunday for the day) and I think they will be quite good friends in the end - as long as it is on Jess's terms - I can't believe how confident etc she is already - we did have both of them on the bed yesterday (yes I know naughty) and it was soooo sweet seeing them lying - must get pics!
rubythebeagle
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Wow well done Monty being on the bed with Jess! Ruby still hasent mastered the art of being calm around the cat

Its nice Monty will have a little playmate, i hope they do really well together. Must put them pics up!
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Aww! I'm glad they're getting on. How old is Jess? I'm having to put Kia in kennels for a week as I'm staying at my parents and their elderly cat really freaks out when theres a dog in the house .

I'm sure Monty will learn that he is still loved! And that you will, of course, make room for him to join the cat on your knee!!!

Feel better! (Even if it was self-inflicted )

Sarah xoxox
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Great news. Cats and dogs can be great friends. Would love some pics
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2010, 08:06 PM
aw, lovely to hear they are beginning to get on and hopefully they will be firm friends!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Lol, can't believe he gave you the cold shoulder!

There is no way in hell a cat would ever get through our front door and i'd take my hat off to any that tried!! We had three sat right in front of the front window yesterday and Monty was not happy about it, the cats seemed quite smug in the fact they knew they were winding him up!

Will look forward to seeing the photo's of them together!!
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Hi all

Thanks for the comments!

I took a couple of Jess this morning but the battery died! I will try and get some good ones tonight! She is very fat though and is currently on a diet! - Bless!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Lovely to hear that things are working out with Monty & Jess. I'm sure you'll be able to find time for them both so neither will feel left out.

I have 2 labs & 2 female rescue cats & we sometimes end up with all four animals on the bed! The cats tend to lie around our heads whilst the dogs are nearer the other end of the bed ~ because the cats have learned that if we speak to the dogs, their tails wag furiously & nearly swipe the cats off the bed.

But I have woken up with both a dog & cat snuggled up close, nose to nose