Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dixondog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 07:43 PM

Utonagons

any one know a good rescue that will take two,male+female 9years old,genuine rehoming ,very good dogs ,being rehomed due to stupid idiot neighbours
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Is there any way you can find out who bred them, do they have any paperwork at all and I can try and trace the breeder for you, bit of a long shot but it may work.
What is the problem exactly
dixondog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 08:55 PM
The breeder of the male has said he will take it back but won't take the bitch,her breeder can't take her back,the owner has had them since pups and they are great with kids but the neighbours teenage kids have been teasing them and last week the dogs were unattended in the garden when they broke the fence and escaped they ran up to the teenagers and barked at them,their parents are threatening solicitors unless the dogs are put to sleep,the owner is devasted and at his wits end he doesn't want to split the dogs up cos he thinks they are too bonded,the male is grey wolflike but the female is all white,I know I am clutching at straws but just trying to save them from being put to sleep
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Right, well I know they will be bonded, but if it is to save their lives then he will have to get the male back to the breeder, which gives him just one to home.
Having said that, if the dogs didn't bite anyone then really next door don't have much of a case, I have had loads of hassle in the past over my dogs so I can just imagine what this guy is going through, and I have got decent neighbours and most people like my dogs, but there is always one that causes more trouble than the lot of them put together. if the dogs stay there then these people will carry on till something bad does happen, because people like that don't rest until they have caused trouble and got their own way.
The other way is to advertise them together, not so long ago one of my owners got in touch with me asking if I could help rehome her 2 dogs which I had bred as her OH had left her with 2 children and she was pregnant, I couldn't take them back at the time as Cariad had just had puppies, but I did help her find a home by advertising them and then vetting the enquiries I got, and they went to a really experienced (ex gsd home) so the people are out there for them if you are prepared to look and take the time to talk to the people who enquire.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by dixondog View Post
and last week the dogs were unattended in the garden when they broke the fence and escaped they ran up to the teenagers and barked at them
My God, is that all that the dogs did, just bark at the kids

Bearing in mind the abuse and swearing I have had to listen to from teenagers in my life I can't believe this, it's disgusting what some humans are capable of. Can we organise a petition to get the teenagers PTS

Sorry, can't suggest any suitable homes but I hope to God that you can help to find a home for two dogs who have done nothing wrong other than try to communicate (bark) with stupid teenage humans.

ETA:-
Good advice from an experienced breeder in post 4 above.
dixondog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Thank you for your help,I will ring him back tomorrow and advise to do this,where is the best place to advertise them? I explained to him that the neighbours have no case but he has been threatened and hassled so much that he sees no way out,I think he is also worried about the male going and the female being left behind and them having more problems
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2013, 09:12 PM
From the sound of it they have been aggravating the dogs for some time, I mean they don't break through fences and go after people like that, they are quite chilled, so to get them that wound up they must have been really going some. Wish he hadn't left them unattended because it makes them vulnerable to a$$hole$ like these, it is incredibly difficult to get one of these to do anything agressive, the police have tried them and they won't go on the bite or anything. They have lunatic natures, but nice loonies if you know what I mean
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Tell him if he wants to talk to me he can contact me through my donehogawa dot com site
dixondog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
My God, is that all that the dogs did, just bark at the kids

Bearing in mind the abuse and swearing I have had to listen to from teenagers in my life I can't believe this, it's disgusting what some humans are capable of. Can we organise a petition to get the teenagers PTS

Sorry, can't suggest any suitable homes but I hope to God that you can help to find a home for two dogs who have done nothing wrong other than try to communicate (bark) with stupid teenage humans.

ETA:-
Good advice from an experienced breeder in post 4 above.
Thanks I agee
dixondog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Thank you I will pass it on
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »