Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Oh how I wish I still had my GSD Desmond, I would have loved to see CM trying to Alpha Roll him !!
I was just thinking that about Bailey They probably wouldn't have accepted him cos there wasn't a quick fix
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2012, 02:08 PM
They looking for people to rescue dogs ..
not dogs for his show ,,
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 02:38 PM
My heart just sinks whenever I hear about Cesar Milan in any way, shape or form.

I think seeing him on video laughing, when he was using a "stooge" dog, to make another dog reactive on purpose, was terrible and upsetting.

http://www.dogwelfarecampaign.org/press-statement.php

"UK animal welfare, behaviour, training, canine and veterinary organisations1 are again warning of the possible dangers of using techniques for training dogs that can cause pain and fear, such as some of those seen used by Cesar Millan, who starts his UK tour this week.

The organisations have joined forces to voice their serious concerns about techniques which pose potential welfare problems for dogs and significant risk to owners who may copy them. These concerns are shared, and the statement supported, by similar organisations around the world2 and in continental Europe3.

Aversive training techniques, which have been seen to be used by Cesar Millan, are based on the principle of applying an unpleasant stimulus to inhibit behaviour. This kind of training technique can include the use of prong collars, electric shock collars, restricting dogs’ air supply using nooses/leads or pinning them to the ground, which can cause pain and distress. The use of such techniques may compromise the welfare of dogs and may worsen the behavioural problems they aim to address, potentially placing owners at considerable risk" .

Etc, but that's the most important bit.

Wys
x
Roofs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Oh yes, I would LOVE to meet CM... I'd like to see how happy he is after I rugby tackle him to the floor then stick a spiked chain round his neck and haul him up by it... I bet he'd blinking do as I said afterwards!

I reckon we need to inflitrate this program!
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Roofs View Post
Oh yes, I would LOVE to meet CM... I'd like to see how happy he is after I rugby tackle him to the floor then stick a spiked chain round his neck and haul him up by it... I bet he'd blinking do as I said afterwards!
Whilst kicking him and saying tssssst in an annoying manner
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Hummmm let me think about this one . . . . No!
Narka
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Interesting one, if I just would have enough space and time for another dog in my house, I would definitely go ahead!
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Its been a while and then 2 threads in two days where the CM has been mentioned, short answer, you're having a laugh, either letting him near a rescue of mine or getting a rescue off him, wouldn't want it all to come back out 6 months down the line and have to start all over again sorting out problems he's added to
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Oh please.......
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Roofs View Post

I reckon we need to inflitrate this program!
Im with you on this one!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »