Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2010, 07:03 PM

Sleep Tight Mr P (SBT)

I was going to post some pics of Toby's holiday, but I don;t have the heart tonight as I had such a sad day today at the dog shelter.

You may remember a short while ago I posted some pics of Paxton the dog I took out for the day for the Great North Dog Walk. Well he was PTS today. His usual kennel person was off so another member of staff was cleaning the kennels (both he and Paxton knew each other), when something or other happened with his collar (me and my friend still can't make out exactly what happened). When the kennel person went to put it back, he went berserk growling and snarling (no biting), he had to get the manager and another member of staff to assist. Anyway he would not calm down and to cut to the chase it resulted in his demise.

I do understand that they can't let an unpredictable dog be rehomed, I think what happened triggered some awful memory from the past (he was brought in as a stray). I think he was afraid which resulted in such an agressive display. it's so wrong that people's action can have such effects on a dog.

I can't believe I will never see him again, I've just been on 2weeks holiday and kept fretting he would think i had abandoned him. Luckily I went yesterday and took him out, he was so pleased to see me.

I'm not saying he was an angel, but he was my boy and I loved him to bits. I saw no agression from him, I rolled him round in the long grass to get mud off him and the OH picked him up and carried him under his arm (Mr P's face was so funny!). I taught him to heel,sit,give paw and take things nicely. He would always race back to me at such a speed (thing he nearly broke my knee once in his hastiness...lol)

Oh Paxton, I'm going to miss you so much, all you needed was the chance of a firm but loving home and to show you kindness instead of whatever has gone before...

Run Free Mr P....Hope you have some fun.xxxx

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2010, 07:07 PM
I am so sorry Janet. (((Hugs))). Like you say maybe something triggered a past fear for him so sad isn't it what some people can do to dogs. Or any animal for that matter.

Run free Paxton.
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Oh no....what a shame, poor little man.
Sleep tight handsome boy..x
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Oh no I'm so sorry

Sleep tight Mr P x
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2010, 07:24 PM
That's so very sad Bless him. R.I.P. Mr P x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Oh Janet, that is absolutely tragic.....

My tears are joining yours...

I'm so sorry, honey...

Run free, sweet boy - much misunderstood, but very loved by your Aunty Janet - please look down on her kindly..... she is missing you so much x0x
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Aaawww how sad - sleep tight wee man
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Im so sorry to hear that. The consolation you can take with you was that he knew he was loved. Its such a shame that the actions of someone in his past left a legacy he couldnt recover from. Run free sweet boy and big hugs to you. xx
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Sleep tight Mr P

at least he found you

Dee x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2010, 08:14 PM
What a beautiful boy, so sorry Janet, at least he knew you loved him x