Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2008, 05:01 PM

Can dogs eat prawns??

Can dogs eat prawns??

has anyone got a list of foods that dogs can eat? as ive gone over the internet and cant find Anything!

im trying to jazz up his biscuits he really doesnt like them on there own its must be boring though really musnt it!

He does get other stuff aswell chicken etc but i really cant think of much else my brain has stopped today!

Thanks!
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-05-2008, 05:09 PM
yes dogs can have prawns mine loves em!
Is yours a picky eater?
Mine loves liver, tripe, ox tongue...gross I know but he loves it!
Some times I give him a raw carrot to eat..he loves them as well.
He also loves mango I'll get him a dinky one when I get my own, then cut it up and give it to him...with out the skin an pith.
Chicken and turkey breast, raw chikcen wings etc
All as a treat..not all the time, but I think is abit of variety for him and a little treat when hes been good!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Lucky dogs, did you serve with garlic butter.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Haven't tried Tonks with prawns yet but neither my cat nor my mum's dog like them - sensible really, i think they're horrible too!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Yeap our's like prawn's and mackerel.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Prawns are fine. You say youve looked for a list of foods they can eat, but it's so varied, it would be endless, try instead looking for a list of foods that dogs CAN'T eat, I posted one up a while ago, in Health I think, have a look there.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2008, 11:57 PM
hi thanks for that! yes i look up a list they cant eat and it was quite small............i thought that just just cant be it can it!

he ate the prawns loves them!!

not really a picky eater just with the biscuits we bought him he loved them at first then i guess jsut got a little bored then the boyf bought the wrongs one (tyipcal!!!) and he didnt like them so we have jsut re bought the ones he likes! *phew!"*
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2008, 09:08 AM
My Cambodian dog was weaned on freshwater prawns (cheap, fresh protein source out there)....she had so many that she won't touch them now!
Be a bit cautious giving too many of our cooked prawns to a small dog....they contain a lot of salt, which is not good for them, and will give them a taste for other salty foods.
Mary
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
hi thanks for that! yes i look up a list they cant eat and it was quite small............i thought that just just cant be it can it!
No, the list of stuff they can't eat, isn't small ! As I said there's threads here about it and a long list on here somewhere, it's worth having a look.