View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I have loved GSDs for as long as I can remember. I think my passion for them came from Joyce Stranger books but I can't remember exactly. The passion grew and grew because I wasn't allowed my own dog and I used to walk other peoples for them - and was esp happy to walk any GSDs I could The love for the breed has never waned, in fact it has just grown over the years. They aren't the easiest breed to own, but I would never have anything else (well, other than the odd collie ) They are beautiful to look at, trainable and versatile, so loyal and they are one of the breeds that are very in tune with their owners. You can form a very, very strong bond with a GSD

My interest in collies was, I think, due to the fact I spent many childhood holidays on my grandparents farm in Ireland. They had two collies who I would take over ownership of for the time I was there, and I used to dream of bringing them home with me. As much as I love and admire collies I don't think I will have another as a pet, but will play around with hubby's instead if I need a fix I admire collies for their sheer drive focus and energy, they are also a beautiful looking breed (whichever form they take). For me, they are the ultimate working dog.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 02:28 PM
I was torn between getting a Labrador, GSD, or Rough Collie, as I used to own a RC.

But I knew I wanted a rescue, so ruled out GSD as didn't feel I was experienced enough for this breed just yet.

I decided on a Lab because I had been looking after a friend's Lab for a year and absolutely adored him. Also I knew I wanted a dog who was friendly, lively and playful.

It took eight months to find the right dog; when I met Dexter via a local rescue group, I was absolutely smitten and although we've had to do quite a lot of work together, I could not ask for a more lovable, alert, friendly, playful dog
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 02:32 PM
I have GSDs cos of Rin Tin Tin.
I have shorthaired Pointers cos I didn`t know what they were and one looked so bewildered in Rescue.
I have a Doberman Cross cos I`m a sucker.
snakeman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Watched the film turner and hooch when it first came out and knew I had to have a bordeaux one day lol
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Something went wrong in the translation from Hungarian to English and instead of owning a Maltese and a Boxer I somehow ended up with a Tibetan Spaniel and a Shar-Pei!

Pleased I did coz I wouldn't swop them for all the tea in China.
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2011, 02:59 PM
I was over at a friends house and muffin really took to me, the owner said she was going to back to rescue and asked if i wanted her, if i didnt take her shed be going back to rescue. Didnt need to ask me twice and was the right time as my boy had just been pts.

Totts we went to rehome another dog which wasnt suitable for us, totts was nearby we went to see her and rehomed her instead. Before we had travelled down I had seen her and my OH had said no because he didnt like small dogs.

Whats for you wont go by you
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Have always had BCs while growing up, so one of my own seemed the obvious choice lol now Im hooked on them, I love everything about them and cant imagine my life without a BC in it....I have 3
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 03:07 PM
I've owned many different breeds, but I have greyhounds now quite by accident really.
When I lost milo (Jack Russell) I needed a very quiet dog that wouldn't pester Shady (RottiexGSD) as she was very fear aggresive with other dogs. She seemed to feel fairly comfortable around the greyhounds at the racing kennels where I took her to exercise in their large field so we contacted a greyhound rescue and they suggested Kyiro.
I could not believe how gentle, placid, loving and easy greyhounds were as pets and he and Shady got along so well.
Sadly I lost Shady nearly a year ago and in March this year we decided to get another greyhound. Now I am older I want the quieter life with my dogs and they fit the bill perfectly. They are happy to sleep the day away but enjoy the shorter walks I do now. They give lovely cuddles and are great when anyone visits or my grandchildren come round. All in all my perfect dog and I love them dearly.
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Because i'm mad
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Well I have mainly greyhounds and lurchers, but before they came I had a collie and collie x. Graham already had Bessie and then she had Otis. But we saw a friend's lurcher and immediately fell in love! Then we got Jenny and Danny, and Holly was our first grey. Since having these lot, I really am obsessed with greys and lurchers. However I do love staffie..and that's how we got Coco!!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »