Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 09:45 AM

Best car seat covers?

We have a Toyota Hilux pick-up and all the dogs go in the covered back bit. However, Flame is now struggling to jump into the back and so gets to sit on the back seat. We are trying to keep the pick-up clean and tidy, as we hope to have it for a long time to come. Therefore, I am wanting to buy a decent, heavy duty seat cover for the back seat. Anyone have any recommendations please?
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 11:53 AM
I've been through endless amounts of seat covers and fabrics (i work for a company that makes fabric) to try and limit the dog hair on the car seats. I found a good fabric at work but it was too slippy and Monty hates it so now I just leave the back seats in the car down all the time.

This is then covered with a waterproof picnic blanket and then Monty's old cushion bed. When i need to use the back seats for passengers the cushion and blanket get shoved into the boot and the seats are put back up hair free.

I've wasted too much money on seat covers!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I've been through endless amounts of seat covers and fabrics (i work for a company that makes fabric) to try and limit the dog hair on the car seats. I found a good fabric at work but it was too slippy and Monty hates it so now I just leave the back seats in the car down all the time.

This is then covered with a waterproof picnic blanket and then Monty's old cushion bed. When i need to use the back seats for passengers the cushion and blanket get shoved into the boot and the seats are put back up hair free.

I've wasted too much money on seat covers!!
dito to all of thee above, I have tried hundreds of them, none are rottie proof there is a company that does made to measure though, but they cost a bomb, you would be better off buying new car seats each year...lol
thats what I ended up doing with the volvo, we found a really fairly new one with heated seats like ours that had been a right off, bought the seats and stuck them in ours.
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Do you use ebay? If so view this item 350267855891.
CAR REAR SEAT COVER HAMMOCK WATERPROOF
Its a rear seat hammock. I too have a pick up a l200 and i use the hammock evryday to protect my seats from large lab paws!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the ideas I have ordered some now from Town & Country and will let you know how we get on with them!