Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I can't believe that people think that SB's voice is "okay" - I thought it was bl@@dy fab!!!
You and me and probably half of America think the same! She makes my flesh tingle the way she hits every note superbly, and the only wobbles were the nerves, especially as she's been slated for a whole week, that's enough to knock anyone's confidence isn't it! Well done Simon for praising her for coming out and getting on with it and sticking two fingers up to the media coverage! Jeeze, what has she done wrong, she's an old spinster, not a very pretty one at that, she's been caring for her elderly old mum all her life, give her a break, she's got a wealth of talent in that voice of hers and I for one hope she makes millions and squillions and spends it all frivolously in the process! Lol! You go girl!!!!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
You and me and probably half of America think the same! She makes my flesh tingle the way she hits every note superbly, and the only wobbles were the nerves, especially as she's been slated for a whole week, that's enough to knock anyone's confidence isn't it! Well done Simon for praising her for coming out and getting on with it and sticking two fingers up to the media coverage! Jeeze, what has she done wrong, she's an old spinster, not a very pretty one at that, she's been caring for her elderly old mum all her life, give her a break, she's got a wealth of talent in that voice of hers and I for one hope she makes millions and squillions and spends it all frivolously in the process! Lol! You go girl!!!!

Oh yes, EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

I got all tingly when she sang last night. True, she's not an oil painting but, hey, who's so shallow to believe that looks matter when a voice is so "up there"
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
So pleased Diversity won - something about Susan Boyle's attitude I didn't like - can't put my finger on what is was but I'm sure she will do well.
Suzy this may have nothing to do with your statement above but I understand Susan Boyle had a degree of 'learning difficulties' having been starved of oxygen at birth which may account for her sometimes slightly childlike behaviour . I don't think she has had an easy life and I was pleased to see her do well.

It was also great to see the young dancers win. There are other shows for singers like the X factor so the fact that Diversity won gives a variety act the chance to shine
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
It`ll be interesting seeing Simon Cowell try to make money out of a dance troupe.
Ha! No doubt he'll try though

I'm glad Diversity won too. I think they are brilliant.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 09:38 PM
so glad diversity won. 2 of them come from basildon
and as i said to hubby. what do u see when theres a group of youths hanging around. (trouble) but to see those boys winning made me feel good. they are doing something good instead of hanging around causing probs.
i thought the 2 grands didnt do as well as b4. shame.really. but ill be happy to see the grandaughter in the future singing.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Suzy this may have nothing to do with your statement above but I understand Susan Boyle had a degree of 'learning difficulties' having been starved of oxygen at birth which may account for her sometimes slightly childlike behaviour . I don't think she has had an easy life and I was pleased to see her do well.

It was also great to see the young dancers win. There are other shows for singers like the X factor so the fact that Diversity won gives a variety act the chance to shine
I did get the impression she may have social difficulties or something so perhaps I shouldn't have said that,but I did feel uncomfortable about the way she spoke . Then I read in the paper as you have said above which makes the way she interacted a lot more understandable. She must be finding it hard to cope with the pressure - I'm sure she will do well from it anyway, I hope she gets the support she needs.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 07:31 AM
I'm glad diversity won, I think Susan Boyle was incredibly gracious though, it is sad to hear she has had to go into the priory though.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I'm glad diversity won, I think Susan Boyle was incredibly gracious though, it is sad to hear she has had to go into the priory though.
Since when?
Becky
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Since this morning! She was found in a confused mental state wandering around in the corridors of the hotel, so they called the paramedics and whisked her off to The Priory and she's doing well, it's all got too much for her and she's probably gone over the edge, but I think she's doing well from what I can gather. Hardly surprising though is it
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 08:38 AM
She was admitted to the priory this morning and is being assessed under the mental health act according to breakfast t.v.
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >