Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
symbol
New Member!
Female 

10-12-2009, 12:10 AM

Could Liz Be Ill Or Just Overweight

3 Days Ago A Breeder Gave Me Liz A 7yr Old Lhaso Apso She Is Extremly Overweight And Weighs 2stone The Breeder Says She Had Blood Tests And All Was Ok Im Hoping She Is Right But Her Tum Is Rock Hard Round Like A Balloon And Hangs On The Ground She Pants All The Time
Ive Got Her On A Good Diet With No Treats And We Are Going For Walks Which She Enjoys Although They Knock Her Out For Hours After
She Drinks Lots And Urinates About 3 Times A Day I Dont Know If Thats Enough She Has Only Had 1 Bowel Movement In The Last 48hrs Am I Right To Be Worried And Take Her To The Vet Even Though The Breeder Says Shes Just Fat Or Give Her A Month On The Diet
Ive Had Dogs Around All My Life And Never Seen A Dog So Overweight She So Nice I Want To Do Whats Best For Her Has Anyone Got Any Advice Please.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2009, 12:18 AM
I'd take her to the vet if I were you. She could have a worm burden, a tumour, a cyst, be pregnant, or just overweight. I'd definitely seek advice from your vet - even of she is just overweight, they will be able to advise you on how best to reduce it without endangering her health, her ideal weight for her size etc. Good luck with her and let us know how you get on.
Beanz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-12-2009, 02:58 AM
Get your vet to check her for hypothyroidism. Tell them to do the TSH, T3 + T4 tests. I wouldnt push this little dog into too much exercise until you have it from the vet that she is ok health wise