Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 07:31 AM

Grass Seeds?

I mean the natural ones (off the long grass itself), that get attached to dogs, or worse in their eyes. Horrid things, we keep encountering them on our walks
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 08:12 AM
I know - hate them! It's that time of year again when we avoid certain walks because of grass seeds. I've never had one go into Max's eye or up his nose but it is something I worry about.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Hate these! We are constantly fishing them out of ears and noses and between the toes!
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 11:39 AM
These were always a problem with our spaniel.. on a couple of occasions, he had to have them taken out of his ears by a vet where they worked themselves down so far.

The worst accident we had with the grass darts is with Noah last year.. one had gone right up the sheath of his penis... i can tell you, it was not fun to have to manoeuvre his bits, to pull it out
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by janie View Post
These were always a problem with our spaniel.. on a couple of occasions, he had to have them taken out of his ears by a vet where they worked themselves down so far.

The worst accident we had with the grass darts is with Noah last year.. one had gone right up the sheath of his penis... i can tell you, it was not fun to have to manoeuvre his bits, to pull it out
That sounds awful! I've heard so many grass seed nasty stories that I'm avoiding our farm walks for the whole summer in favour of plain grass playing fields.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Ollie came home today with loads of those little seeds all over him. He has had too have another brush a good wipe round his eyes and nostrils. Not sure which is worse the sticky buds or these.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
They are a nuisance when they work themselves right to the skin and since my dogs are always rooting around in cover, I keep a constant check for things like grass seeds, thorns and cleavers seeds (the round sticky bobbles).

Brushing doesnt always get the deep ones out so then you spend ages picking them out with your fingers!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by janie View Post
Poor Noah, I can imagine he wouldn't have been too happy at that!