Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Not sure if this has been covered already....

Yesterday I was speaking to someone at agility about vaccinations who reminded me that unless a dog is vaccinated, and given boosters yearly, then most insurers won't insure your dog and if you are already insured, won't pay out if you have to make a claim.

As far as I know, most insurers won't insure a dog who has not been vaccinated or who has not had regular health checks, like the annual one when the boosters are administered.

I'm with PetPlan and I know if I didn't have my dogs vaccinated, they wouldn't pay out if I had to claim. I don't know if all pet insurers are the same but it's worth checking out your pet insurance.

Edit: When I first went with PetPlan, I was under the impression that if my dog wasn't vaccinated then I couldn't have her insured.

It turns out that they will, in fact, insure dogs who aren't vaccinated but will not cover any illnesses that vaccinations could protect against.

That is good news for those of you who don't have or want your dogs vaccinated!

Hi Westie Your spot on...

But it has to be pointed out that those people receiving the full lot every 3yrs with Lepto and PI just yearly are still considered to be keeping an acurate vaccination schedule as it is what the manufacturers have reccomended and to administer them more than the manufacturer recomends would be over dosing and against the guidelines.

So these dogs will also be covered by insurers just as a dog who receive the full dose every year because that is what is recomended by the manufacturer of that particular brand.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
Hi Westie Your spot on...

But it has to be pointed out that those people receiving the full lot every 3yrs with Lepto and PI just yearly are still considered to be keeping an acurate vaccination schedule as it is what the manufacturers have reccomended and to administer them more than the manufacturer recomends would be over dosing and against the guidelines.

So these dogs will also be covered by insurers just as a dog who receive the full dose every year because that is what is recomended by the manufacturer of that particular brand.
I'm in this category.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5