View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Yorkie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2005, 01:31 PM
I was never asked before I was 18 but then the first time that i went out after my 18th birthday I was asked!! I'll be 23 next week and I am always paranoid that I'll get asked for it! my best friend is 30 and is always getting asked! She got asked for ID at a petrol station when she asked for cigarettes AFTER she had just paid for her petrol....
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Back home it's law that after you get your license you HAVE to have a 'P' plate on your car showing your on a probationary license, anyway normally you would assume that P platers are about 17 ..

I hardly ever drove with them on my car, (norti me) but I did sometimes go to a local Off license before I was 18 and get some drinks sometimes, however the one night I did have my P plates on and because it was quiet the store owner was out the front having a ciggie, anyway when I went in and brought the few drinks that me and my mates wanted, he said 'I've seen the P Plates, I want to see some ID' never mind the fact I had been in the store months before hand brought drinks off him and never been asked. Fair enough, so I produced my license and it showed my birthdate, oh look at that it was your birthday last week ... then he suddenly realised he had sold me some alcohol the week before and I had still been underage, and for the all time times before that :P He went very red.
Pickles 9
New Member!
Female 

08-11-2005, 04:16 PM
HA HA HA!! All those posts are Soooo funny!

I am 27 and got asked for ID by some old boy serving at Tesco's for lottery tickets!!! I was standing there holding my 5 year old's hand, and i just laughed at him!!! It was quite nice really... gosh, do i REALLY look under 16?! ha ha ha.
I've also been asked for ID by some dozy girl at a supermarket when i bought some booze, and went to pay for it on my Visa, and she asked me for ID - To which i replied... 'You can't have a visa card until you're 18!!!' ha ha ha!!! How amusing. She was very embarrased.

Ho hum... another few years till the botox then - yay!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 04:28 PM
i am 26 and i look about 16,i am constantly asked for id and it has got that bad that i have to get my mum to buy my booze for me in our main supermarket i have now invested in a passport,not for travel but to prove i can buy fags and booze if i want
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 04:31 PM
u guys would hate me then! i ID anyone that looks under 25 at the bar i work at! Ive ID'd many 27 yr olds this week! but its funny, alot of people who i ask for id i dont actually think they look under 18, infact, i think they maybe look under 25 but i check just incase and theyve just turned 18! u can never be too careful.

The amounts of times people dont even look like the id picture and not many people actually look at the pic, jus straight to the date of birth... so u cud easily bring someone elses id with u!

I always get asked for ID and i never bring it with me! i dont even drink, but u cant drink in places like wetherspoon unless ur 18, even coke! When i worked there we had to id anyone who looked under 25 too
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm 22 in a month and i'v been asked for ID when buying superglue! Of course i found this highly amusing NOT! However i do take pleasure in flashing my drivers licence....oh and telling the 14 year old that tried to chat me up that i had a house, car and animals.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-11-2005, 07:05 PM
About 3 years ago,i popped into an off-licence other side of Cambridge to buy some ciggarettes and the young lady behind the counter asked me if i was old enough.

I was 32 at the time...

Must add though that i burst out laughing and told her why and she did serve me!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Aileen
It has happened to me ever since I turned 18. I have always looked younger than my age. (i'm sure I will appreciate it when i'm older)

My most recent experience was when I was on a night out with my work and we were meeting up in a bar in town. The barmaid wanted to make sure I was over 21 - I had turned 30 just three weeks before, my work colleagues found this most amusing and the poor barmaid got most embarrassed.

I think it was because I was texting my sister at the time and looked a wee bit suss (well that is my excuse)

I used to hate it, but I think once people take a second look now they realise their mistake

Aileen x
Same here, I used to get in to all manner of clubs and pubs as a 15 year old. Then as soon as I turned 18 I kept getting asked for ID!
My local Safeway had a pool going on me I'm sure. *How many times can we turn her away before she never comes back*
Go to my local Ken Warnes now, so bully to them with brass knobs on!!!!

ETA - Mmmm Dancake rum truffles!! :smt007
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 09:15 PM
pmsl at the 50 year old gran with no ID for sparklers

These posts are so funny it really made me laugh reading through them today
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Last time i went out i was asked for ID! I've NEVER been asked for ID, even when i was underage! And i dont carry any ID on me cos i've never thought i'd be asked lol! But luckily i happened to know the bouncer on the door so i got in..
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >