View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 06:12 PM
No don't give up yet Lynn, things change, even up to October, so I agree with all the others, stay on that list and keep quiet about everything else with the breeder too imo.

These dogs are well sought after pups, and I'm sure this lady has a long waiting list, so if you did happen to let her down at the last minute (which you won't of course!), then she'll have somebody else waiting don't you worry about that. If things DO seem pretty dire by October, then of course, you just won't take the puppy on in the first place, you'd wait until things improved.

Gordon's 100% behind you, he knows how much you want this new puppy and he won't let you down. Regarding his idea of renting though, I'm sure that won't happen, renting is probably going to cost you more than paying off that mortgage! You can always do what we're doing and downsize, even a little terrace with a garden is better than renting! Anyway, that won't happen coz Gordon's got his finger on the pulse and if the business doesn't pick up like he wants, then by October I'm sure he can find something else, he'll pull that rabbit out for you Lynn don't you worry.

If we can't sell, I'll be having to get some kind of part time job too, so you and me can look together!!!

It's not a bad market at the moment for selling, I spent an hour in my agents this morning and she says it always goes quieter during the summer hols, but it's still picking up - prices aren't rising of course, but the buyers are out there now, be it very few of them. I've even got another viewing lined up for Friday night, and then a doctor wants to look at it next week, so they are out there, keep that chin up if you are thinking of moving.

It's not been a good year for you Lynn and that mother of yours hasn't helped but don't get too down and think things could get worse, because I'm sure they won't, at least I hope not, Gordon won't let that happen I'm sure.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks MM and Helena.

The plan is if things are still looking a bit quiet I will get a part time claning job or possibly care job but would prefer the cleaning if I have to get something part time.

We cannot think about moving for at least two years as you have to have two years accounts and proof of earnings. The renting bit came from me if we had real problems financially we might be in the position of losing the house and having to rent which of course Gorden says isn't going to happen and if by any chance he felt that was the route we were going to end up treading he would sell and would look for something cheap in the middle of nowhere which we could afford with no mortggae or a moblie home or narrowboat.

I know deep dpwn he won't let it get to that stage he has always provided for us but I am just feeling so down about everything at the moment and I think I am looking for problems that aren't there.

So operation Bernese pup still on course.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Sound advice from other posters Lynn and I have nothing more to add to it other than to send you and Gordon a virtual hug as you've had so much going on, you really could do with some good news.x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 06:28 AM
It'll be fine hon. Things always have a way of working out and if you're meant to have a pup from this litter, then it will happen - I'm a great believer in fate.....

*Hugs*

ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 06:39 AM
You have the option to pull out so really, no decision needs to be made now. If it worries you, tell the breeder of your concerns.
I wish you well with whatever you decide.
X
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 06:44 AM
This is going to sound like a silly suggestion.

Could you get a little part time job anyway? Just so that you have that little bit of extra cash coming in, and you have the knowledge that you would be able to afford a dog (could always quit if you didnt need/like it)
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 06:55 AM
I agree with the others, don't make any decision yet, get excited about your new pup, you've got a lovely home to offer one and you deserve a little bundle of light in your life, stop worrying, it will all come right xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Thank you all. Gorden is a lot happier about my suggestion of a little part time job and having the puppy if I need to go down that route, he doesn't feel I will need too though.

He says he just wants me to be happy and knows this is the thing to make me happy.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-08-2011, 08:33 AM
A wise man is your Gordon
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Some times when we are feeling a little 'low' all of us question stuff..... I know I do. I am a big believer in fate and things happen for a reason.
I am sure your good man is right and things will work out for you.
Your puppy is some thing to look forward too, dont do anything too rash just yet, see how you feel in couple weeks time, bet you will feel a little better and have a different outlook at stuff.
Sending a hug for now though
xxxxx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >