Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 12:19 PM

Thank you tuti!

I just remembered about that chalk you sent me and decided to have a go at Benjis ears with it. I just put a bit on my finger and thumb and I can't believe how much hair I got our of his ears That stuff is marvellous - I was only doing about 5 minutes and got loads out. You might have saved me £65 and Benji an anaestetic tuti because that is what the vet wanted to put him under just to get the hairs out of his ears - so thank you ever so much - its brilliant stuff.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Foxy, is that for cleaning ears as well. I need something to do Cassie's ears with and I know she won't behave to let me do it. Any ideas?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Foxy, is that for cleaning ears as well. I need something to do Cassie's ears with and I know she won't behave to let me do it. Any ideas?
Hi Wooflhoond Tuti is not around so I will answer
....the chalk is stripping chalk and not to be used to clean ears, it should not be put in the ears at all , it is what we use to strip dogs, you put a little on your thumb and forefinger to help grip the hairs when plucking them out of the ears . If the ears are dirty best to get drops from the vet
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me Mini
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me Mini

Have you tried Thornit wufflehoond, lots of people swear by it for ear problems - its like a powder for mites and canker and other ear problems and you put a bit in the ears. You can also put it on feet as well if they are licking them all the time.
Ice_Queen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Hello. Firstly this chalk, would it help on a soft coat? I don't have a hand strip breed however I do have a bitch who after being spayed needs more coat care, and I have found she needs stripping on her width of ham and sholder. She is a setter so coat is soft and it is hard work considering I have no idea really on how to hand strip except what I have learnt by reading (so any tips welcome if you could PM me!)

Also wuuffle hoond, I agree with foxy you shoudl try thornit for bad ears!
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 05:32 PM
If you want to clean her ears or pull the hair out of the like many people have said use thornit, I use it not for infections but to help to pull the ear hair out as it makes it easier to grip.

Sarah xxxxx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Pets at home sell an ear wash that is quite easy to use wufflehoond, think you just squirt a few drops in and they clean the ears.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Thanks all, appreciate the advice. Can't wait to try this out with the little madam
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks all, appreciate the advice. Can't wait to try this out with the little madam

You have to buy the Thornit off the internet though, they don't sell it in shops because it isn't a licenced product. I got mine from Champion Pet Supplies and it was delivered either the next day or the day after - I can't quite remember now The address is http://www.championpets.co.uk if you want to look at the site
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >