Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 03:03 AM

Dillon/Dylan needs a home

Hi,

Dillon/Dylan was taken out of BDH after being onthe free list. Nobody was interested in him.
He's a x-breed - possibly some boxer, lab, lurcher in him. Maybe SBT and a number of other breeds too.

He's about 10 months old, entire, useless on a lead and has had no training.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...n26102009b.jpg

He's getting on well with my lot although he still needs to learn some doggy maneers. Yiannis seems to be his favourite playmate at the moment - the 2 are very well matched in terms of energy and how long they can play for together. Zane will quite happily play until he get's fed up and then will walk away with Dillon still trying to jump on him.
Ellie will tell him off if necessary when he gets out of hand with the other dogs.

He plays well with Oscar and generally seems to be a very happy dog; wanting to be friends with everyone he meets.

He's had very little or no training. he's learned to sit, stand, go down on command so far but nothing else.

He will also be trained in recall before he goes to his new home although I haven't done any recall training with him as yet so I have no idea what stage he will get to.

He sems eager to get things right, although he's not motivated by treats or toys. He seems to be happy to have praise and physical contact (not surprising if he's been in a kennel for any length of time.)

He's come through Ruff Luck rescue. I don't have any info about his past history unless the rescue has info on their site.

Laura xx
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 01:35 PM
wow you have a full house then
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 08:31 PM
he is gorgeous! how can nobody be interested in him?? i wish i could take him...
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Yep - complete chaos in my house now. Good fun though!

Laura xx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi,

Good news - Dillon has a new home. He's being picked up at about 230pm this afternoon.

I'm then takeing a GSDx male. That's all I know. I'll post more about him when he arrives (should be at the same time as Dillon is picked up).

Tyson is still looking though.

Laura xx
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

Good news - Dillon has a new home. He's being picked up at about 230pm this afternoon.

I'm then takeing a GSDx male. That's all I know. I'll post more about him when he arrives (should be at the same time as Dillon is picked up).

Tyson is still looking though.

Laura xx
Thats good news but who is Tyson? Is he at your house too?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2009, 01:44 PM
thats great to hear!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi,

Dillon has gone to his new home in Warwick. He went quite happily, not a care in the world! I'm really pleased for him.

Ali - Tyson is a full GSD who's been with me since last Saturday. He still needs a home. People camew to see him on Wednesday but they weren't suitable, even though they passed their home checks.
Someone from this site has shown an interest so hopefully if things go as hoped, he will have a home too soon. If not, then hopefully someone else soon will come forward for him.

Now Dillon has gone I have Morris. He was in kennels but didn't do so well there. He's a 9 year old GSDx - although whatever he was crossed with must've been very small. He's about the same size as Ellie. Ellie is about 4/5 inches shorter than Yiannis. Yiannis is about 6 inches shorter than Zane (for those who know my dogs).

I don't knwo his history other than he's been raised with other dogs and children. He's very playful although playing all evening with my lot will have worn him out by later tonight - I'm sure.

Fortunately, he's not afraid of fireworks. they don't seem to bother him at all, which is great seeing as we have loads round here being set off tonight.

I'm at my Mom's at the moment. I'll post some piccies of Morris when I get home.

Laura xx
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Phew, thats what happens when I'm on placement I start to get behind the times I hope his potential new home works out.