Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 12:11 AM

Sam, my special boy

in 1998, i got my first dog i was 9 and had been desperate for a dog for years. my mum and sister picked him (he was a surprise for me and my other sister), and they said he was terrified, lying quietly at the back of his kennel. and when they went to go pick him up, he couldnt walk on the lead, he would spin in circles.

he was only 6 months old, and had been abandoned, just tied up and left outside a community centre. how anyone could do that to him, i have no idea

he settled into our family amazingly, like he had always been with us (and learnt to walk on a lead). we obviously didnt know about his past, but he was great with us kids and with any animal. although the first time he saw a cat, he chased it up a tree. but apart from that he never chased anything... he wasnt even to bothered about a ball. he was more of a tug-o-war type of dog he was such a softie, and didnt have an aggressive bone in his body. he was also the most obedient dog i have ever met, boy was it a shock when i got jake they are so so different.

he was my best friend for 8 years, and then on my sisters birthday in 2006, he passed over to the bridge. he had cancer, we didnt know (it was in his chest) and he deteriorated rapidly. within a day of him falling ill, he had gone. it was peace and he didnt feel anything. for that i am thankful. i just feel so priviledge that it was my family, who got to give a home to such a wonderful dog.

he is forever in my heart, and will always be my special boy.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Ahh thats lovely Lauren, he sounds like a great fella. Have you got any pics of him?
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 07:11 AM
That's a lovely story. I always wanted a dog but was never allowed one.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Ahh thats lovely Lauren, he sounds like a great fella. Have you got any pics of him?
thanks, he was. he was amazing, and one of those dogs that everyone loves as soon as they meet him. jake is getting to be the same way lol. i have some but not very good ones, will go find them in photobucket...

Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
me and my sister wanted one for year, me as soon as i could say dog. and then on the 13th May 1998, i came home from school and there was my boy sitting next to my mum. i never thought they would have got a dog, so thought we must be looking after him for someone, but when they said he was ours... i couldnt believe it lol.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 09:26 AM
they arent very good ones but here is my boy...

aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I always did too but was never allowed any pets! Probably why I have 2 dogs, 6 cats, 2 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, 3 hamsters, 2 gerbils, 1 rat, 1 tortoise and 5 stick insects now. I blame my deprived childhood

Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
they arent very good ones but here is my boy...

He was a smasher
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2009, 10:03 AM
oh so sad, if your anything like me, it must have taken alot to write that, thank you beautiful story, happy memories xxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
He was a smasher
thanks

Originally Posted by gsdgirl:-) View Post
oh so sad, if your anything like me, it must have taken alot to write that, thank you beautiful story, happy memories xxx
thanks, it did... i miss him so much but i have so many amazing memories with him.