Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 04:01 PM

I am helping out ...

Having a little time on my hands, I have decided to volunteer my services to GSD Rescue Scotland - LInk removed

I will initially be assessing dogs that need new homes, homechecking potential new owners and taking/making telephone calls from interested potential new owners and follow up calls etc.

I am really looking forward to getting stuck in.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 04:04 PM
well done you, more so as your a busy woman at the best of times with the kids and the farm and all,

x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Oh well done Kirsty, but like Shona, I can't believe you actually have that time on your hands with the baby, and the gorgeous doglets and all that gorgeous countryside around you, but it beats housework that's for sure!!! Well done, I'm sure you'll be putting in lots of overtime too if I know you with gsd's!
BWS
Listed Rescue on Dogsey

04-10-2009, 04:16 PM
good for you I am sure you will find it really rewarding great to see liz has got ome help at last
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Good luck with it Kirsty I am sure it will be really rewarding.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 04:31 PM
HI Kirsty,

Well done you, however I have to warn you it kinda takes over if you let it, so be firm with what you can and cant do !!!

It seems to come in waves with us, so i have weeks of nothing and then loads in one week !!!

Good luck, and if you need a chum for any homechecks etc for any edinburgh or surrounding shouts then feel free to ask...

Dani
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Wonderful, Kirsty. Well done, chick xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Well done Kirsty - good luck with it, you know there will be plenty of downs as well as ups, but I'm sure overall you'll find it very rewarding
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
well done you, more so as your a busy woman at the best of times with the kids and the farm and all,

x
Thanks Shona. We are pretty quiet on the farm over the winter and also Ben is getting to the age now where he loves being out and about so can come with me to do homechecks and the like (and so can Yogi, to give any prospective owner a taste of a large shep ).

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh well done Kirsty, but like Shona, I can't believe you actually have that time on your hands with the baby, and the gorgeous doglets and all that gorgeous countryside around you, but it beats housework that's for sure!!! Well done, I'm sure you'll be putting in lots of overtime too if I know you with gsd's!
Helen. I am always up early, housework done while Ben goes around the fields with Allan in the Landrover, then out with the dogs for their first run of the day, I have charge of Ben in the afternoon and he is more than happy for us to take the dogs out walking or play ball with them, then make tea and the evenings are usually fairly free. So, even though I have a busy life, it is just the way I like it. I would also love to foster dogs eventually but definitely don't have the time for that just at the moment. When Ben goes to school though ...

Originally Posted by BWS View Post
good for you I am sure you will find it really rewarding great to see liz has got ome help at last
Thanks BWS Liz sounds so lovely and already seems to have a great group of volunteers helping her. I am happy to be part of it.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Good luck with it Kirsty I am sure it will be really rewarding.
Thanks Ailsa. I think it will help give me back my feeling of *self* if you know what I mean, rather than just being a wife and mum

Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
HI Kirsty,
Well done you, however I have to warn you it kinda takes over if you let it, so be firm with what you can and cant do !!!
It seems to come in waves with us, so i have weeks of nothing and then loads in one week !!!
Good luck, and if you need a chum for any homechecks etc for any edinburgh or surrounding shouts then feel free to ask...
Dani
Thanks Dani - that is very kind, and I will definitely take you up on it. We must organise for Luca and yourself to come up here too, now I am home and well I volunteered for a different GSD Rescue for 5 years when I lived in Lancaster and got really involved, so am going to try and keep a step back this time, as I don't have just as much free time now as I did then. I can't wait to get started though.

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Wonderful, Kirsty. Well done, chick xx
Thanks Vicki

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Well done Kirsty - good luck with it, you know there will be plenty of downs as well as ups, but I'm sure overall you'll find it very rewarding
Thanks Fiona. As you know, I was thinking of helping a few different ones, but decided to stick to one, where I can get properly involved, instead of spreading myself too thinly.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >