Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Schnauzerbabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2009, 07:39 PM

My tribute to the best rescue dog ever

Honey 1989?to 2002
On July 28th 1991 we visited our local dog pound as we were thinking of getting a dog as we had been burgled twice within the space of a month and were advised to get a dog.. My husband had this vision of getting some supa dupa guard dog for our needs but myself and our daughter whilst viewing the dogs which were all in one large enclosure spotted this little golden pretty girl sat up the corner quaking as bones were being thrown into the enclosure by the attendant all the dogs were going frantic except (Honey as we later called her) I said to my Husband Oh look at her, he said "she's no good look at her" as she sat there trembling the lady said take her for a walk she is very sweet so we did and we were smitten so home she came with us...
When we arrived home she didn't go around sniffing her new surroundings she just lay down by the side of the setee and went to sleep...
A short time later someone came to the door and she went mad she hit the living room door at the height of the light switch and had to be held back as we were talking to whoever it was that came to door (can't remember who it was)...
Well Honey was scared of so many things but the perfect house dog very clean she had a hatred of men but was always brilliant with all of us never a problem of taking anything off her... She bit the vet on her first visit and had to be muzzeled on subsiquent visits and he said if she was his she would have been PTS she had an awful lot of fear related aggression problems but over the years mellowed such a lot, she always had to be carefully supervised around children as any sudden movements spooked her but she was our gift from god and I will always cherish having her in our home as with us she never put a foot wrong ..She couldn't travel as she was always violently sick so members of the family used to stay and look after her if we took a holiday...
I miss her dreadfully but we have another little girl now and she is so far at the other end of the spectrum from Hon that you couldn't compare them... Honey will always own a huge part of my heart and I hope one day we will be reunited if that is possible .... God Bless you Hon...The best rescue dog ever
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Awww, what a lovely story,she was so lucky you found her, I'm glad there are people like yourself out there who are able to give dogs like Honey what they need, and enable them to live a happy life. She obviously had a huge impact on your life and was dearly loved. RIP Honey x
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Oh well done, sounds like she was amazing - and so were you, changing your life so much to give that lovely girl a good life
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 12:00 AM
that is a lovely story, she sounds like a wonderful dog even if she did have her fear related problems.