View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2015, 07:53 AM
What an incredible thread. My first Labrador chewed the legs of dining table and chairs but that was all. Since then I have had three other Labradors and they have all had their own toys. The male never did anything destructive but he was 3 yrs old when I got him the next two bitches only ever destroyed their own soft toys. Amber my current bitch is very good. She sometimes picks at her latest toy killing any squeakies in them but she still keeps them and brings them to bed.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2015, 04:37 AM
My boy was AWFUL as a puppy. I made this thread when he was little.

I am the PUPPINATOR!!! (pic heavy)
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2015, 09:59 PM
OP I'd be crating those dogs! Luckily my Boxers were never destructive.

All the photos of the furniture yikes! I've had some destructive dogs but thankfully no one has eaten the furniture, but I've not had the same luck with my kids. Primarily my daughter destroying the furniture.

mjfromga It appears your dog really likes shoes.

I will see about finding pics but some items off my head are

Dog houses
Plastic & wire dog crates
Shoes
Cell phone
Electrical cord to the washer
Their own blankets & beds. Kuranda beds are harder to destroy but possible
Interior door
Carpet in one room (was done by a puppy though)
The kids toys anything from stuffed animals to Legos to cars
Books & CDs

Not my own dogs but
One dog from a litter I bred she chewed off vacuum cord. Also shoes & kids toys.
Her brother (in a different home) had a thing for the PS3 as well as remote control. What would possess a dog to chew those.
I totally blame that on the sires side!
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Oh, mine are all perfect angels. They've never wrecked aaaaaaaanything. Nothing at all! Not even their own toys or beds. Except the ones that they destroyed. Certainly nothing of ours, except a few phones, cables, chargers, a camera, some shoes, clothes, blankets, duvet covers, sheets, a pillow or seventeen... certainly no furniture. Unless you count that chair. Or that other chair. Or the other chair. Or the piano bench. Hmm... does sitting on it until the bottom falls out count? Surely not, in which case I certainly can't include a small sofa (it was a pretty crap sofa). And we didn't really need all that mail, did we?

I did once have to tell a student in my tutorial group that I'm terribly sorry but my dog ate their essay. I salvaged most of it...
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2015, 04:12 PM
I just LOVE this last post!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-12-2015, 02:01 PM
Holy thread revival.

Just skipped through it again and it made me chuckle.

I remember coming home to see Fingal looking at me through the living room window despite me leaving him the hall.

He'd chewed right through the wall.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Lol. I did go back and look at my thread as well. My Nigredo is such a wonderfully behaved boy these days. Makes me shudder to think he destroyed so many things when he was little. Kinda funny though, puppies will be puppies.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-12-2015, 01:17 PM
I've been very lucky with my two because neither of them were ever chewy and I could always leave anything lying around without worrying they'd be destructive.

Having said that, the other day a certain little hairy black creature scoffed the sandwich I'd bought to eat on the drive home when we stopped for petrol and I was paying the bill!
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8