View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 04:37 PM

Vertical Blinds ( have i been conned ) ?

ok 2 years ago i had vertical blinds installed by a very well know blind company cost he earth as i wanted washable one's last year i took one window down and washed then ( all the slats ) seemed ok

Tuesday i took one door slat down and popped it into the washing machine it came up nice and clean BUT it shrunk half an inch when i realised the others in the left window were shorter than the outside window I didn't realise washing them all they had shrunk as well

OK phoned company who said send us the washed slat and an unwashed one so we can see i did that ..............................................

company rang and said the resaon it has shrunk was when they examined it they were NON WASHABLE slats .........but i paid for washable i said ,so they managers looked on the computer and said OH sorry my error they are washable ( me then thinking he examined them an hr ago and they weren't ????)

anyway cut a long story short they are now going to send them off for a material fault inspection BLAH BLAH ..yeah right i paid for washable and didn't get them after all how many would notice like me last year who washed the whole lot to one window if they would shrink its only cos i washed one i noticed when i hung it back up

now whats the bet in 2 weeks time once the factory has inspected them they find a material fault ?????????????

ofcourse he said all the slats to all the fitted blinds will be replaced incase they shrink if a material fault is found
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 05:09 PM
thats not good is it.

I think i would argue the point about waiting several weeks for them to do an "inspection". The items were faulty and sold as washable when they were not.

I would want them sorted out now, but then i am very impatient good luck and i hope you get a full set of nice new blinds very soon.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 05:14 PM
If you paid for washable then that is what they should be under trade description etc etc. The company cannot blame a material fault. It is their product and they have a responsibility to replace your blinds. I would get back onto them and give them grief....
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 05:20 PM
i think i may not have explained it right .............they fitted me non washable in error OR mislead me not sure which but of course will not admit it so a material test is needed ....thats why i bet they will blame the material not the fitter
Niknak
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-03-2007, 05:39 PM
The problem with blinds is if they're not closed you can see right through them! Vertical slats were always the worst for us - wouldn't buy them again. Hope you get yours sorted.