Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tiabia
New Member!
Female 

06-12-2017, 09:12 PM

Need advice for my new pup

I recently got a 8 month old pup. He is severely skittish and flinches. i assume he was abused before at some point. Is there any tips on training a dog with such issues? it was so bad that in the beginning i had to carry him in out to go potty due to him not being comfortable with the house. as he is warming up i am able to get him to walk through the house but it is still a struggle. the people i got him from said he was completely potty trained, but it seems that he is not. i dont know if its due to him being scared or if hes truly not potty trained, but that is a work in progress as well. hes a great calm pup just needs training. I just wanna know what the best way to train him would be. also wondering about the breed mix, but i dont know how to upload pics.
Bob Simmons
New Member!
Male 

08-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Oh poor thing. I cannot believe people would abuse that little fur baby. I think it could be the anxiety of being in new places that caused him to not do well on potty training. Just give your puppy enough time to adjust and adapt. Just make sure to be by his side and make him rely on you! Fingers crossed for both of you.
seablue4u
New Member!
Female 

16-12-2017, 03:10 AM
First click on the inset image and post the link from the site you uploaded it from...IE Photobucket for example. As for the training time and patience. He has anxiety about being in a new place. It took a few months for my dog to acclimate to my house and he's potty trained. Does he have tells like getting antsy, going to the door, etc that he's trying to tell you he needs to go? I had to learn my dogs tells.