View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2004, 07:49 PM
omg.. thats horrible! some people really do make you wonder!! People really are sick!
Im glad she is looking better now, the poor thing. I cant imagine anything like it!
my_boy_sonny
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-08-2004, 10:21 PM
If a person can do that to a dog then they are they should be punished because god knows what else they are capable of and I wouldn't want to be in there company - that deserves a prison sentence.

Sam
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2004, 10:24 PM
thats what i was thinking! would thir children be safe and whats to stop them getting another poor defenceless animal
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2004, 12:05 AM
Phoenix sounds like a lovely girl, but unfortunately there are sicko's out there each day who do these kind of things to their dogs.
Prison is too kind and humane for people like that

Glad to hear that phoenix is recovering well.

(the link isn't working for me )
Robert
Dogsey Senior

22-08-2004, 05:36 PM
As sad as poor Phoenix's case is she is lucky really, at least now she will find a loving home.

There are dogs out there who endure a miserable life, with no chance of respite till they're to old to be of use then they are thrown away.

I was pointed to a dog training website a few days ago, to a thread on reteiver training for field trials, the title of the thread
"How many ways to apply pressure to the ear" suggestions included using a pair of pliars, or a bolt fixed to the dogs collar which its ear could then be pressed against to inflict pain, if all else failed one poster even suggested breaking a branch form off a nearby tree to beat the dog with.

The astonishing thing was that not one poster protested about the methods advocated bit they all joined in enthusiastically.

I posted a reply, a bit over the top, but I was absolutely fuming, and followed up with a few more replies, only to be met with insults and sarcasm, apparently I'm a member of PETA and a treehugger who's taught his dog to p*ss up a tree, what relevance the last statement has is beyond me.

If that sort of treatment is openly condoned and encouraged, there isn't an arguement these people could give me that would persuade me that they had any respect for their dogs, which they claimed.

The more I live amongst people, the more I realise that there are some sick saddo's masquerading as humans out there.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2004, 05:38 PM
they also said that animals were created for us to use not as our equals! They were absoloutely shocking people!
Robert
Dogsey Senior

22-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Thank you for posting on that forum too Katy, you never know we may have made one person think about what they do.
Bullmastiff lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Poor little mite
Bon
Almost a Veteran

24-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Oh Robert that is terrible, what is wrong with people.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2004, 01:45 PM
That's awful.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2