Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kkaran77
New Member!
Male 

14-03-2017, 10:53 AM

Dog food

hey guys I only serve homemade food to my dog and he is gonna 13 this year. So have i done good or should i serve him the packed food coz i don't believe in those products.??!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Why change it if it's working?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2017, 12:47 PM
Looks like your diet has suited your dog.

My previous dog lived to be 16 and he was fed on dry and tinned food all his life.

What suits one, may not necessarily suit another
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Why change it if it's working?
I thought the same.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
kkaran77
New Member!
Male 

14-03-2017, 08:21 PM
I have heard many incidents of dogs who have got ill with the packed food by big brands and i really hate that and so i want people to know my homemade recipes which have really worked for my SNOWY. So how should i do that? where can i reach more people having this issue?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2017, 10:45 PM
The problem you have is that many dogs thrive on dry and canned foods. Here in the UK, the food is regulated and we haven't had the health scares that seemed to have plagued other countries with lesser standards.

I honestly don't believe that here in the UK the scaremongering and sometimes real issues with pre-prepared dog foods apply to any great degree. Obviously, some of these foods are better than others, but I do not believe that any of them are dangerous to otherwise healthy dogs
kkaran77
New Member!
Male 

15-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The problem you have is that many dogs thrive on dry and canned foods. Here in the UK, the food is regulated and we haven't had the health scares that seemed to have plagued other countries with lesser standards.

I honestly don't believe that here in the UK the scaremongering and sometimes real issues with pre-prepared dog foods apply to any great degree. Obviously, some of these foods are better than others, but I do not believe that any of them are dangerous to otherwise healthy dogs
But these are in US and in some other countries as well. You search on web and read about the health issues. I am not saying it happens with every pet but there is an increase in percentage in the last couple of years in some countries including US so thats why I want to share my recipes which can really benefit people. Please tellme where i can do that...!!!
kkaran77
New Member!
Male 

15-03-2017, 08:34 PM
okay so I won't change but there are so many health issues going on with these packed foods for dogs and i believe that i can reduce some ofit by sharing my homemade recipes to as many as people because i have an experience in it. Yes it requires effort to make that but its about their health right!!!
GillyVizzy
New Member!
Female 

16-03-2017, 03:03 PM
My dog has a mix of dry kibble and home made "dog stew". If I run out of stew he has a spoonful of tinned wet food with the kibble. If I have any carrots I cut one up and put it in as well. He is as fit as the proverbial fiddle!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2017, 03:10 PM
If you want to share your home cooked recipes I am sure there will be a lot of people interested. Doing so by being a little judgemental about other ways of feeding isn't the best way to go.

I'm sure there are many who are interested in how to balance a home-cooked diet, but will go on the defensive if you condemn their present way of feeding
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >