register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2017, 08:29 PM
£20 is a massive amount for 1 year old twins, er don't forget my birthday then will you
Yes you'll look lovely all prettied up
Just had some piccies through of Kodiak, one of Zens brothers, had a couple of Cullan last week, they are all huuuuuge. Tiny little Mabs, where did she put them all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Yeah Kazz, i was thinking that because Flav is a professional photographer so will be taking tonnes of photos and she will pop them on fb and insta thingy and if i am going to be splashed all over the www i want to look half decent Lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Lol TW, i didn't know if to pop £30 inside but i was informed £20 was more than acceptable especially as i don't work
It amazes me how dogs fit so many pups inside, mind you i am still shocked at how big some human babies can be and then there are those who are pregnant and have no clue not even a bump! amazing!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Well my list bar putting the outside front security light up is complete. Work tomorrow. And i think £20 is a lovely gift work or not.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Funny thing about that particular litter (9 of them) was that when I took her in at 5 weeks I said to Gordon, I don't think she's pregnant, she's put on next to no weight and not changed shape or anything. He said he thought I was right and it would be silly to pay for a scan when she so obviously wasn't. Then he said he would just check her, gently pressed her tummy, stood up and said follow me, we dutifully followed into the scanner room. He shaved her tummy, I said to the nurse no idea why he's doing this she's not pregnant, I'm going to pay £60 for this, he put the gel on the thingy, and said there you are, and on the screen were all these blobs!!!He was laughing and said you know when I was feeling her tummy, when all of a sudden there was one in my hand
When you see the size of the beggers you just think well how did you hide them away. They were all a good weight, around 1lb each.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Well, it's evening again. I hope you are all well or getting better. I do read through the posts but I don't know all the background that most of you know and share so it isn't easy or appropriate for me to comment. I don't mean that to come across as impersonal.

A little snippet of my day. Up, shower, walk the dog, breakfast was, as usual, the order of the day. One walk today took us by the local convenience store, Nisa, for a few items.

I may get slated for this........Max can't go in so he gets tied to a bicycle rail. But two things I can offer in mitigation. He won't go with anyone and that has been tested. He won't even take treats. So, if anyone wanted to steal him it would have to be done with brutal force and he is quite a big, powerful beast. The resultant fracas would certainly attract attention and everyone around here knows he's my dog.

One other thing if I may. He is a neutered rescue so would be of little monetary worth to any would be abductor.

Back home. A while back, I fitted new track lighting in our kitchen. Attractive, modern looking with LED bulbs. Nice bright white, just right for a kitchen. My dear wife was more than pleased. But, and there had to be a but didn't there?

One bulb failed so she emailed the supplier. A replacement was promptly dispatched, received, and fitted. Back to the full complement. It happened again. Replaced. Happened yet again. This time they said that they suspected the fitting. So they sent out a new one and collected the old one.

Fine. I know* it wasn't the fitting but rather than get in a spat over it we accepted their offer and I fitted the replacement unit today. All bulbs are working. We'll see for how long.

*There is nothing in the fitting. Just space for the wiring, a means of connecting to the supply, and fitting it to the ceiling. It's bad bulbs. Perhaps a batch of them

A little background if I may. I'm a retired electrical engineer and most of my work was in the industrial field. We fitted LED indicators and did so for over 25 years. Has to be in the thousands. With not a single reported failure. We have LED bulbs all over the house everywhere else. Zero failures.

A long rant by my standards. I just want it to do what it says on the box.......is that too much to ask?
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4