Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
So sorry your pup died What breed was he?

I am sure Thor will love living with you and Loki What colour is he? Do you have any photos?
We had reserved a standard poodle pup but it wasn't meant to be. mum accidentally rolled onto pup and poor toot didn't make it.
Thor is a black lab and he's lovely but failed as a gun dog because he's gun shy 😂 It's funny because he's such a big softie and he's so well behaved I just don't think he wanted to be a working dog I think he wants to be a pet. My OH has always wanted a black lab but I picked Loki and we over looked a lab because where we are there's loads. I do have a picture though not very good I'll pop up 😁
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2016, 04:33 PM
[IMG][/IMG]
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2016, 06:24 PM
So sorry to hear about your poodle Such a shame.

Thor looks a lovely lad.
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2016, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
So sorry to hear about your poodle Such a shame.

Thor looks a lovely lad.
I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Poodle pup would've been an 8 hour drive and Thors right here practically on my door step...it'll sound cliche but feels like he hearing about him the afternoon of being told about the pup could be fate?
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2016, 07:30 AM
I am slowly beginning to get convinced that the universe strongly dislikes me and doesn't want me to have another dog ��
Ok guys need like minded dog people to get my logical side in fear again - where do I start? What can I do? What should I look for? And pros and cons?

More pictures of Loki out in the chill yesterday too ��
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2016, 07:48 AM
What happened about Thor then, did he not fit in with Loki?
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
What happened about Thor then, did he not fit in with Loki?
He didn't like my little boy he seemed fearful and showed signs that to me made me think it would be too stressful for him. I always watch Loki (who after a successful interaction was outside the field with the kennel staff) and she was very uneasy - not growling or anything nasty but I trust her judgement when it comes to dogs with Harris. She is good with other dogs around Harris but in typical GSD fashion she also takes his safety very seriously. I wouldn't want her to be on edge and possibly make it worse.
An older couple offered to take him and they have a very quiet life with was maybe more suited to him maybe the unfamiliar noise of a child was too much for him.

So second time around.... Am I allowed to feel disheartened or am I just being daft?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2016, 09:27 AM
Good luck maybe it will be third time lucky. Glad Thor has found a good home. I do so love Labradors and GSDs.
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2016, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good luck maybe it will be third time lucky. Glad Thor has found a good home. I do so love Labradors and GSDs.
Maybe. I'm glad he did too and they live a very quiet life which where I life (just off a shooting estate) might've been too much for him. Just feeling a little defeated at the moment. I have Loki and feel so blessed that if I don't find someone then at least I still have her
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2016, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by CrazyDogLady View Post
I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Poodle pup would've been an 8 hour drive and Thors right here practically on my door step...it'll sound cliche but feels like he hearing about him the afternoon of being told about the pup could be fate?
I like to believe in fate too - although I not always wholly convinced it works like that.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >