Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2011, 12:30 PM

Poor Georgia

Our 16 year old family dog, who now lives with my parents is due to be put to sleep on Monday. Her kidneys have all but packed up and she can no longer take any nutrition from her food and is a bag of bones.
She is a collie X god knows what and has the best life a dog could ask for. She popped her head into our lives (literally) when she was 6 months old. A neighbour owned her but she kept on getting out so they decided they didn't want her anymore! She wandered into our garden and it was love at first sight.
My poor mum is heartbroken but knows she is doing the kindest thing. I am also devestated, that dog was my best buddy when I was a teenager and I the thing I missed the most when I grew up and moved out. I lost count of the times I cried into her fur about boys and the usual teenage stuff!

Well, good bye Georgia, I will miss you with all my heart. Thank you for making me laugh, and being a shoulder to cry on. You will never be forgotton. May you be free of pain and sleep well. I love ya girl.
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2011, 01:11 PM
My heart goes out to you,we lost our collie cross ,aged 14,2 wks today and are still devastated.You must hold onto the happy memories you have and even though it is so,so hard you are doing the right thing for her.Hope she has a lovely weekend and lots of T.L.C as she always has had.Will be thinking of you and your family on Monday ,we are all here from you if you need us .Love from Maureen
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Thank you Maureen. It is so hard, I keep on bursting into tears. I look at my own little dog here and just dread when this happens to her. BUT, it is worth it, all the love we get from our dogs makes the hurt easier to bare.

Does anyone have the 'over the bridge' poem to post? I would like to send it to my mum, along with a pic I have of George. thanks
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 02:24 PM
The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
and pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this--the last battle--can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
Don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears
You'd not want me to suffer, so.
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me til the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
it is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close--we two--these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.
-Author Unknown

I am so sorry

Thinking of you all *Hugs*
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by missy01 View Post
Does anyone have the 'over the bridge' poem to post? I would like to send it to my mum, along with a pic I have of George. thanks
This one?

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 03:55 PM
So very sorry.
This is the last thing we can do for our beloved pets to keep them from pain.
I will be thinking of you and your mum on monday.
xxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Im so sorry
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Thinking of you all............x
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm so so sorry to hear this. My heart breaks for you.
Have a safe journey to Rainbow Bridge Georgia.......
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Rachael,If you look on my page in this section under Comfort Desperately Needed ,on page 3 is a lovely poem which I asked Zoe 1969 to post for me- dont know how to get it on to your page,so will send her a message now and ask her to post it for you -its a lovely poem and ,although it made me cry it was very comforting.There are many people here who can relate to the feelings you and I have ,so dont be afraid to post on here ,you will receive loads of support,as I have,as we all share a common bond,hugs from Maureen
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >