View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 05:26 PM

Two on bed rest, one climbing the walls!

Well the vet has said that Selkie's problem is not her knees this time, but her hips. Her arthritis is moving poor old dear... We have Rimadyl for now then we'll look at changing her usual meds to compensate ...

Pharaoh's mystery limp is also being tracked down.. We have fixed his feet and even clipped his claws back, after an hour at the vets this morning with Selkie the vet thinks that in fact he has shortened his tendon on his left leg from all his limping and now can't fully extend that leg.

So Selkie and Pharaoh are on bed rest and tablets... So what about the monster?

Well apart from a bit of a rash left over from her allergy, Kismet is fine. I took her on a special walk over to the hilly fields to burn some energy, but she was oddly timid and not herself without the other two.. Thinking about it though I have never walked her without them... She had a miserable walk... and is now destroying the house! I never realised how much the others entertain her, both on the walk and in the house! I have filled her kong twice and am doing my best to keep her from bouncing all over the poor invalids...

Any ideas dogsey Gurus? How can I keep the Kismet entertained for a week while the other two are supposed to be resting up?
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Poor Selkie and Pharoah...((HUGS)))

I have an idea...you can have Tara for a week...that'll keep em both amused.lol
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Or...

...You could have Kismet ?
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 07:35 PM
A trip to the butchers for a big juicy bone each? It was the most effective thing I tried when Ollie was 8 months old and supposed to be resting last year.