Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
thanks for the replies i found it interesting ....mine only have a gravy bone at bedtime I know i am a nasty mum
Think you're sensible. I do exactly the same. Chicken gravy bones only. I don't feed any other doggy treats as their all full of additives and rubbish. And I make my own natural fillings for the Kongs rather than the tubes of yuk they sell.
Only other treat is a pigs ear twice a week. They love them and it's the best thing i've found for keeping teeth clean.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
When you say "Hypo", what do you mean by this term?

I use it to define bloodsugars of 3.5 or below in a person. So am slightly confused as to what it means if your dog is Hypo?
I know I was thinking the same thing!

God if I could get a bag of food that would make my dogs lie down in a hypo like state I'd buy it by the barrel load!

No offence intended to the Diabetics out there!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2007, 03:13 AM
I feed the rotty pups eukanuba untill 18 months old, it has not given me any problems as such, Arden grange and Burns sends them into orbit though, I dont use bakers but the colourings seem to react badly with some dogs, After 18 months they go onto DJ's dry with cooked meat, chicken or liver added to one meal a day, my lot seem good on it, x shona x
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Any food with added flavouring , colouring and preservatives make Missy hyperactive. She calmed down a lot when I changed to JWB. She also has an allergy or intolerance to some things which make her very itchy. I've spent the last year trying her on different foods to find out which ones make her react. Right now , she is on Hills Sensitive Skin but she's itching again. It's got no artificial additives but it has ground maize , maize gluten meal and dried egg powder in it. So far , JWB is the only food she doesn't get itchy or too hyper on.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2007, 10:19 PM
we had an aredale once who came into the kennels who got aggressive because she was fed bakers, so her owenr changed her to the frozen mince which is aimed for "working dogs" mixed with a small amount of euk and it was amazing she was a different dog, i suppose they are like children some react differently to differet additives
ATD xxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2007, 10:23 PM
My oldies are on Burns nowadays and I suppose it could be said that they ahve gone a bit hyper since being fed it.....I suppose it depends on what you mean by hyper....could it just mean that they have more energy and feel more perky...that's certainly what I think with the golden oldies at my feet!!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2007, 10:48 PM
In my opinion 'hyper' means a bit manic rather than just naturally energetic, sort of climbing the walls.
Becky
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
In my opinion 'hyper' means a bit manic rather than just naturally energetic, sort of climbing the walls.
Becky
thats my thought as well ...........
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2