View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Cannot believe this is the SECOND time this has happened with this idiot. An alleged senior dog handler as well - just shocking.

Poor pups. It really is unforgivable and he should be prosecuted and serve time. But it won't happen. He'll get off with it like the last one did. Justice? I don't think so.

Better still, bake him alive and be done with him.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I would like to believe (and actually do believe from my experiences with various PD handlers) that this handler will be absolutely distraught and that is why he jumped from the vehicle and tried to harm himself. However, I am in no way defending what he did - it is unforgivable.
Sorry but he killed a dog in 2004 in exactly the same way, yet despite this, if we are to believe he would have been distraught when that happened, he proceeded to do it again 7 years later to two more dogs? Why drive to the kennels with the dogs into the car then go off on a meeting, why didn't he put them into a kennel? Why did he not leave them at home? Just doesn't add up to me, once is a mistake but twice is unforgivable.
Becky
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 05:26 PM
To be honest, having worked in a couple of different police stations over the years, I think there are as many numpties in the force as there are in any other walk of life.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2011, 05:42 PM
this story has received coverage.
its on the england page of BBC news website and was all over jeremy vine today
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
so she too must be beating any PD dogs that compete

Not sure how you get to that conclusion?

You can only beat what is there, and if there are no PD competing at the trial you are competing at, you have not beaten any have you?!

shame your bc was so small although we currently have cockers going over a 6ft scale!

They are very fit though, even though they qualify for the smaller jumps!

Ps I do not know of ANY breed that is consistently producing 0:0 scores, do you?

Not seen any in the KC breed supplements
Er that's why I put " so she too must be beating any PD dogs that compete"-meaning compete in the trials she competes at(& there have been PDs in the trials she has won BTW)

I would never put a small dog over a 6 foot scale, she could od it I just wouldn't risk her, she was my dog of a lifetime, taking me from Beginners to Ticket in 3 years gaining her ROM with the ISDS & getting to WD Ex with the severe handicap of having me as a handler !

Steve Dean publicly claimed to have bred out HD in the Met bred dogs, yet there are still some high scoring dogs that are Met bred(including one that was one of the litter that was featured in a TV program-she never made an operational dog because of her hips)-I have never claimed that others have bred out HD, there was a study done on several 1000(ie more than 2,000 dogs from different breeding) Racing Greyhounds & no dogs were found that would have had a score higher than 0:0=0 so yes there is a breed that consistantly produces 0 scored dogs
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
I read that he jumped from a moving car and tried to kill himself after hearing the news. I would like to think it was because he was so guilty for what he had done but the cynical side of me thinks its more likely a case of laying the ground work for a good court case to get away with it like the last one did.
If he tried to commit suicide-he must be mentally ill-cannot stand trial & will have to retire on health grounds on full pension(of course)QED
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 06:09 PM
I was utterly horrified to hear the news that this had happened. Apparently he had gone to a meeting for an hour - in 30 degree heat?

Is it definitely the same handler who did it last time then, has that been confirmed? I am beyond disgusted
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
I was utterly horrified to hear the news that this had happened. Apparently he had gone to a meeting for an hour - in 30 degree heat?

Is it definitely the same handler who did it last time then, has that been confirmed? I am beyond disgusted
Yes this is the same Dog Handler who left his PD spaniel in the same situation 7 years ago

This is from another forum I am on

Today talking to someone who is in the police, can I please give a few facts.

Firstly the police would like everyone to register their complaints/feelings about it on 0300 123 1212. Say how disgusted you are and you will receive a phone call. Do not let call centre people bully you, state that you want someone to come out of "hidden doors" and call you or email you!

The "Sargent" was not promoted by the Dog Training School where it happened, he was promoted by the METropolitan Police.

The RSPCA on 0300 123 0100 - having spoken to them, they would like to hear from people who are agitated about this.

Personally I would like to put this person in an Aga and turn up the temperature so he cannot get out. His now 3rd dog that he has killed! The policewoman who I spoke with today (on a walk) has pleaded with me that could I please ask people to ring the Met and or Keston Police Dog Training School and the RSPCA.

I think the so called Sargent running off and trying to slash his wrists or whatever is now trying for a sympathy vote!!! His 3rd dog that he has now killed, being left in cars!

It is emotive and it seems lessons have not been learnt. The man left his dogs in a car, on a very hot day, no ventilation, no windows and then travels to London and then "realises" he had left the dogs! So wrong. Many many people are furious about this. I sincerely hope everybody on obedience uk if you feel so strongly about it, bombard the police and RSPCA about this despicable act of cruelty.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 06:44 PM
ANd all these racing greyhounds were actually SCORED under the KC/BVA system were they?
kelpiemad
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2011, 06:55 PM
After the sad news of the police officer causing the suffering and death of his two dogs a Hero dad is killed trying to save his dog and other road users after a car accident so sad my thorghts go out to his family
http://www.lep.co.uk/news/traffic-an..._dog_1_3515581
Page 9 of 28 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »