Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 04:42 PM

Hilarious but not if you were me !

Took Bruno and Luca out earlier. Luca is going through a phase of refusing to get in his buggy so we have taken to walking round the block to the park and home again, makes a slightly shorter walk for bruno but takes twice as long as we have to stop at evry wall, bush, paper bag for luca to investigate !!

Anyway, just walked into the park, had picked up Luca as was a few icy puddles and didnt want him slipping over. Bruno was on his short lead as usual, sees 2 little white dogs about 30 yards away and gives one bark which immediately attracts both dogs who start to race over to him - I immediately shout to the owner that he isnt good with other loose dogs so he starts quickly walking and calling his dogs - however unfortunately the westie and the pom both decide that Bruno needs telling off so charge at him, and basically stand just outside the extension of the lead and bark at him, whilst running in circles round him - bruno is barking back and I am thus having to spin round and round to make sure they arent coming any closer.

The owner managed to grab the westie and lead him, but the POm - Alfie just proceeded to run circles round Bruno with both of us ( well all 5 of us if you include bruno, the man the wetstie me and luca !!) spinning round and round as both dogs spin and bark at each other incessantly. this went on for a few minutes, literally as he just couldnt catch the dog

Luca meantime is in absolute hysterics cos I am spinning round and round with him in my arms, about to drop him though cos he weighs a tonne and by this point I had been holding him for ages...

The man constantly shouting his dog who was just completely ignoring him, and bruno just barking his head off and spinning.

HOnestly it would have been hilarious to have been a bystander but it was awful cos I honestly thought I was going to drop luca and i had visions of him getting tangled in the leads etc, as he had no clue that the dogs were having a go he just thought it was hilarious.

Anyway, I finally managed to back away a little so that the man could try and grab his dog - not so easy when he had hold of the other one. He just grabbed his dog and walked away - didnt even say sorry for the hassle etc or anything - and it made me wonder whether he blamed me for it all!!

Anyway it wasnt a rant just to share - I think the man was pretty mortified as he was telling his dogs off all the way up the park and you could tell from the body language that Alfie was getting in big trouble !!! LOL

Luca meanwhile is still laughing and goes - do it again Mummy !!!! err no no thanks my arms are dead !!!

anyway thought it might have brought a smile to someones face today. It could have of course ended badly had the dog not left us be as I dont think i could have held Luca for much longer so we will be insisting on the buggy in future for walking to the park !!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-12-2008, 04:49 PM
It did make me smile but it would of been better if it had been under better circumstances. Some people are irresponsible with their dogs, letting them just run up like that without first finding out if it is safe and especially as he could see you had a little one with you.
Maybe he didn't say anything because he was so embarressed (sp) and just wanted to get away.
Luca is going to expect that every time at the park now.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Awww bless Dani, glad it ended without any tears, i'd have came over to help had I seen the whole thing as have been in similar situations myself, Maddy is like Bruno as you know but least you can laugh now, makes you wonder when someone can't even control a pom though doesn't it? (No offence to pom owners of course, not really a breed for me but I have heard they are stubborn little b****rs!)

A similar event happened to Maddy with a jrt some time ago now as she was still quite a youngster, anyway said owner couldn't catch the dog, Maddy going ballistic, owner calling and calling the dog to no avail and the dog too quick to grab, in the end I had to tie Mad to a railing and help round the dog up myself, and the worst bit - it came promptly with the offer of a treat! And then the owner says "Oh i'll have to start bringing some treats out with me, I never thought of that!" DUH! Makes you wonder!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Glad you can laugh about it - I'm sure that Luca finding it so funny would've helped.

The rate Luca is growing, it won't be long before it'd be less strain on your arms to leave him on the ground and pick up Bruno instead..
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 07:58 PM
I can just imagine Luca laughing his head off and thinking the whole spinning thing was great Ben would be the same!

I did laugh - but also had a huge sigh of relief that it all ended okay and without any serious incident.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Fortunately, no harm done..... therefore, I am allowing myself to smile at the "video" playing in my head of this particular episode
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 08:57 PM
That did make me smile, only thing now is Luca will want that everytime you go out now.