Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 05:05 PM

Disgusting!

Hi all,
I've been doing some searching online I'm really nosey as most of you probably know.
Anyway there is a lady i know of that bred a litter of puppies (staffords) and the owner of one of her pups could no longer keep it,so she rung up this lady(breeder)and asked for help in rehoming or having the dog back.She refused
Anyway tonight i find out that she is serving a commitee of a well known breed club.I think she's disgusting
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Maybe a quiet word to the club, let them know who exactly is on their commitee
Whitaker1579
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-11-2006, 05:19 PM
That is terrible, if shes not willing to take responsablity of the pup's she brings into the world, maybe she shouldent be breeding them!

I agree with Ramdom, have a quiet word with the club, or if you prefur to stay anonimus, e mail them, most clubs have got websites now.
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
Hi all,
I've been doing some searching online I'm really nosey as most of you probably know.
Anyway there is a lady i know of that bred a litter of puppies (staffords) and the owner of one of her pups could no longer keep it,so she rung up this lady(breeder)and asked for help in rehoming or having the dog back.She refused
Anyway tonight i find out that she is serving a commitee of a well known breed club.I think she's disgusting
how rude is that doesnt she care
we had one litter + i am not no breeder but someone couldnt cope with harvey one of the pups so i had him back
any chance you can talk to or write to the commitee about her
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 05:24 PM
I agree, talk to the breed club. They may have a list of regulations (can't think of the corrent wording) for breeders who are members.

Helen
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 05:35 PM
thats very irresponsible of the breeder

although step carefully you could end your showing career before you start ..she def needs a wake up call ..just be diplomatic how you do it
Whitaker1579
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Deffinetly tell the commitee, I know that my club (essc) have a code of ethics, and if any breeders belonging to that club dont follow the rules, they will be 'kicked out' (sorry, couldent think of another way of putting it!)

Also, i think that The Kennel Club states that a breeder should take back any puppies if needed and if there unable to they must help in rehoming.
(please note: Im not sure if that was a rule or recommendation)
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks for your advice Guys.
This has really wound me up.The plight of Staffords that need a home and the rescue situation is dreadful,yet this idiot breeds and refuses to take a dog back or help with rehoming,then serves on a breed club commitee.Very unethical to say the least