Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2018, 09:55 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday 21st february 2018

Good Morning all.
Off for lunch up at our local today, not eaten here in years so fingers crossed it will be o.k as it will be Steve's birthday lunch...his birthday isn't until next week but he has only got Sunday off and will be busy doing his washing, ironing shopping etc. Builders have turned up again next door, starting to annoy me now, i would rather have all the noise done in one go but it seems people turn up for a day for a few hours then vanish and then come back again a few days later and do a little bit more, luckily the dogs aren't too bothered by the noise but i would rather not be going out and leaving them with drilling and banging
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2018, 11:33 AM
Good morning Griff and all who follow

Enjoy your lunch out and don't worry about the dogs I am sure they will just sleep while you are out.

Lovely here today so have changed the bed and all is now washed and out on the line. Book a holiday for next year - cruise round Japan. Was watching a programme last night and the price they were offering was too good to not do it it even includes a trip on the bullet train. It is something Barry has always wanted to do but looking around it was very expensive so bit the bullet and taking a chance.

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2018, 01:23 PM
It sounds like the holiday of a lifetime Sue and you can't take it with you so you may as well enjoy what it can bring while you're here

Miserable day here today again and cold. We had to smile this morning at a road closure notice. The idiots are only going to close a road that leads to hundreds of caravans and businesses on 5 March for 2 weeks. Just when all the caravanners are excited at the prospect of opening up for the season. I can see some trouble ahead. Only in Skegness would they think this is a good idea
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Awww Sue, that sounds fantastic!!!
Chris, i used to live in a static on coronation row in ingoldmells, right by fantasy island, had some of the happiest times of my life there
Lunch was lovely, food was really good, i had a veg curry and it was delicious and for a local pub they have tonnes of veggie options! Steve got a mixed grill...14oz with chips, onion rings, mushrooms and peas and he ate the lot! so pleased i have seen him eat something proper as he isn't eating properly at all.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Losos didn't want you to think me impolite so thanks for your imput. I was brought up to be polite so it does niggle.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2018, 03:15 PM
Afternoon everyone changed over to new phone and internet provider today. All went smoothly and online by midday.
Beth popped round for a cuppa now relaxing.

Sue sounds like a lovely cruise.
griff glad you had a lovely meal and hope the builders do not become any more annoying.
Chris seems lincs is like Norfolk they shut off all the major routes at the same time.
brenda I think most of our generation were brought up to be polite and it has taken me a great deal of time to get use to and ignore some of the rude ways of social media.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends are to.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Sue who did you book the cruise with may I ask?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2018, 05:29 PM
Griff, we live at Chapel about 5 minutes walk from the village green . Love the place but the way Skegness operates does take a bit of getting used to LOL
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2018, 05:44 PM
Haha, I used to go fishing at chapel!! Used to walk there and back
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2018, 05:55 PM
Hope your new provider proves to be all you wish for Lynn. I will be talking to BT when our contract ends I am fed up with the price hikes

Kazz we booked through Planet Cruise. They were very helpful when I phoned and everything sent through by email before I went to bed at 10.00pm. For the price we have paid it also includes the trip on the bullet train, a visit to a castle and one other trip, all whilst in Tokyo, and return flight to Heathrow. It is only an 8 night cruise with 3 days in Tokyo at a four star hotel on a bed only basis, but I am cheap to feed and it is something we have toyed with for a long time. Think you would enjoy it too and it is also at cherry blossom time so should be very beautiful.

Chris it is typical of a council to do work just when the roads are needed for holiday traffic.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >