View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Wow MJ, those pics are fab. Your tank looks so colourful, can you take a photo from back a bit so I can see the whole tank?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2015, 08:08 PM
I will certainly do that Popster. I changed their food and it damaged their water quality for some reason so I'm currently fighting with that right now. It was crystal clear before. My poor fishy babies
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2015, 08:21 PM
I used to have a tank and had terrible trouble with water quality. There's certainly more to keeping fish healthy than meets the eye. These were coldwater fish, fancy goldfish etc. I learned you should never have too many fish in the the tank. Each fish needs it's own fish to water ratio. I downgraded the size of my tank and that's when the problems started. I hope you have more luck than I did.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2015, 09:54 AM
The ONLY thing I did was change their food. There are TWO fish in a ten gallon tank. I can have 5 fish their size and still be okay. I'm so upset about it . They seem to be okay, but I'm going to have to totally change their water and revert back to their old food, and HOPE that does the trick.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2015, 09:11 PM
Popster, I've gotten the water quality issue almost under control now thankfully. My big fishy Slate started having trouble breathing so I really had to take all the water out and replace all filters and etc. It was a deep purple color and very murky, now just very slightly cloudy.

Got a bit of water stains on the glass I need to wipe up, but well on the way to recovery. My fishies seem okay, which is all that's important.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2015, 11:09 PM
MJ, sorry for the delay in responding. The tank looks great - well done! Hope the water remains under control.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2015, 11:40 AM
No problem via the delay. Thanks. The tank is in good shape now. Hope it stays this way.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Myra, better to underfeed than overfeed. Have you got underwater filtration or a single filtration pump on the side?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2015, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Myra, better to underfeed than overfeed. Have you got underwater filtration or a single filtration pump on the side?
The tank and my two fishy guys are fine now but the tank has a single filter located on the back. I try not to overfeed them.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2015, 10:34 PM
The fishies got a tank three times as large as their Christmas present. They're currently very happy and healthy guys!

I haven't gotten any new close ups yet but there's the new tank. I also bought them a plecostomus buddy who is helping keep their tank clean and he's a gentle guy who pays them no mind. I removed many of the plants as Slate chased Rhonda into some of the less soft ones and he tore his fins. They love the jar! All is well in fish land!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >