Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 12:04 AM

I wasnt expecting that!

When I was walking home tonight, I saw two kids coming towards me. there was a guy up ahead, who they were shouting abuse at coz he was wearing a postie uniform I hate when they do that, and I was getting ready for them to start on me too… one boy turned to me, and said ‘hows your dug?’ so, im standing looking at the boy trying to wrack my brain on how he knows about jake… so I just answered with ‘erm… yeah, he is ok thanks’. He then goes on to tell me that his dad told him, after I met him in the park. I couldn’t think of who this guy was, so the boy described him to me and I soon realised who he was…

A few weeks ago, I was in the park with jake when I passed a group of adults, with loads of kids, who were drinking (it was about 3pm) and playing golf. They also had a wee SBT pup with them, who one girl was running around with dragging him on the lead! the guy noticed jakes wound (it had the drain and stitches in back then, so was easy to notice) so came over with a wee girl, and asked me about it. after telling him, he then seemed adamant that it was a fox or badger (and I was shocked when the girl asked what a badger was ) and went on to tell me that he goes out at night, and hunts them! he acted like I should be grateful to him and said that foxes are evil after one attacked those two baby girls so, I told him very strongly, how I hate hunting, especially when it is for nothing other than ‘fun’. now, hunting and then eating what has been killed, although something I could never do, is something that I don’t mind. But, hunting for so called ‘fun’ is something I am 100% against. he then just stood stuttering, and then shot of to tell an elderly woman passing with her amazingly teeny yorkie, what had happened to jake it was a weird conversation, and one that left me reeling with anger! he also touched jakes wound, which really annoyed me so i had to tell him to stop and when he didnt, i had to bring jake away from him and closer into me so he couldnt reach it!

So, I can only assume that this boy was there that day as well and I just never noticed him… but, it was a shock to have him asking how jake was, especially when I was expecting abuse… but he then turned to his friend, and said jake had been attacked by a badger

its so weird though, coz people who i havent told about jake, are coming up and asking how he is... he is such a popular boy
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 03:48 AM
He is a memorable lad! When Moxie took her header off the balcony when I was in Mexico and broke her leg, the people in the community really rallied around to help her. I was in such a state at the time, I didn't really recognize any of them. Fast forward several months, we are back in Mexico and I am in the market (without Moxie even with me) and I am approached by a man who asked me how Moxie was doing and told me he was there that day etc etc! I was shocked! But also very grateful to him for his help that day. I knew Moxie was memorable, but I didn't think I was that memorable (that he would recognize me as her owner, without having her with me)
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 08:50 AM
aww, its nice when they surprise you - and jake is a pretty memorable boy - especially with those wounds
Nice that people care - even if they are not the nicest of people
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
He is a memorable lad! When Moxie took her header off the balcony when I was in Mexico and broke her leg, the people in the community really rallied around to help her. I was in such a state at the time, I didn't really recognize any of them. Fast forward several months, we are back in Mexico and I am in the market (without Moxie even with me) and I am approached by a man who asked me how Moxie was doing and told me he was there that day etc etc! I was shocked! But also very grateful to him for his help that day. I knew Moxie was memorable, but I didn't think I was that memorable (that he would recognize me as her owner, without having her with me)
aw, that is so lovely! that must be so touching to have people helping like that, and even more so when they are still wanting to know how she is several months later! i love hearing stories like that

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
aww, its nice when they surprise you - and jake is a pretty memorable boy - especially with those wounds
Nice that people care - even if they are not the nicest of people
thanks yeah, it is nice when people ask like that and show that they are concerned with how he is doing... it was just such a shock that this boy was asking when i had no idea who he was