Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2018, 10:27 AM

Daily Thread, Friday 23rd February 2018

Good Morning all!!
Gosh, it is freezing, frost on the ground here, sun is shining so it looks warm got caught out with that yesterday, went out in a jumper and thin jacket and was like a block of ice, luckily not got to do anything much today, take Steve his lunch, walk the dogs and Deags has second vaccs tonight, might venture up the pub tonight as i won't be out Sunday as i have to be up at silly oclock to take Dakota down for her lumps to be removed
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Good Morning all!!
Gosh, it is freezing, frost on the ground here, sun is shining so it looks warm got caught out with that yesterday, went out in a jumper and thin jacket and was like a block of ice, luckily not got to do anything much today, take Steve his lunch, walk the dogs and Deags has second vaccs tonight, might venture up the pub tonight as i won't be out Sunday as i have to be up at silly oclock to take Dakota down for her lumps to be removed
Afternoon Griff and all who follow.
Assume Dakota is one of your dogs? I hope the lumps are nothing too serious.

Freezing here too it was -3C when I took Max for his first stroll. He was ready. Three poos later.......and of course, he takes to the middle of the park. You know when they are about to so I align him and an object on the opposite side of the park. The only thing worse than stepping in dog poo is stepping in your own dog's poo....
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2018, 03:43 PM
Freezing and according to reports going to get worse

An uneventful morning outing today (that flaming crane has gone). We did get asked not to feed the birds at the cafe though. Not that it did much good because the cheeky little starlings just raided the plates as we left the table.

It is nice to see the daffs pushing up and the buds starting on the trees and rose bushes in town. The weather might not be saying it, but spring is definitely on the way
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Evening everyone.
Good luck vibes being sent for Dakota griff.

Gill not well today 4 days home and Peter has had to call the nurse out blood pressure low heart erratic, so he is now administering gentle ab's if no change by Monday Doctor will need to visit and maybe hospital again.
Water running away from her and infection setting in again.
Read some upsetting news today from a neighbour from where we use to live. The beautiful view we had is in the running to be destroyed for building. It was made part of the nature reserve and we all thought protected. Seems now they have changed the rules and are calling it windfall site so can build on it.
Leaving that view was one of the worst parts of moving from there I am so glad I will not be there to witness it being destroyed and to have to put up with the disruption it will cause. We have lived next door to a building site many years ago it's dreadful.
I shall remember it when Max use to wake us in the early hours howling and we would look out the window to see a herd of deer grazing outside the window. The muntjac roaming across the field and the fox tripping down the path early in the mornings after being on the hunt for small mammals the night before.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to today
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2018, 05:53 PM
No open land is safe these days. If they do destroy it, Lynn, at least it will take away any lingering doubts you may have had about make the move away.

Here land seems to be eaten up with caravan parks. That bubble will surely burst as many of them are already charging £3,000 and more for seasonal charges. Eventually, I imagine a lot of it will be turned back to agriculture unless site owners wake up and smell the coffee