Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 07:16 PM

Max limping after walk :(

Well my mum took Max out for his walk for me today, and for a treat she took him to his favourite place by the river!

He behaved like an angel the whole way around ... until ... he saw a duck in the river apparently he chased the duck the length of the river and back again and since he came home he has been limping on his front leg.

Well I had a look at him and his joints feel fine, but he seems to be in pain upon me touching his foot. He won't let me have a proper look at the moment (well it is difficult when I only have 1 working leg and a dog rolling around on the floor in protest ) I could not feel anything but I will have another check when my dad comes round later this evening.

I am going to see how he goes tomorrow and if he is still limping tomorrow night I will phone the vets (I am lucky as I work there I can get in pretty much any time hehe)

I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to what he may have done? Do you think he may have bruised it? And also is there anything I can do to relieve the pain slightly?

Thanks Hayley (a very worried mummy) xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Awwww poor little Max I wouldn't like to say, it could be anything, a foreign object etc. Watch for signs of swelling in the foot, keep a strict eye on it. I would dunk it in an anteseptic solution too, or spray it with one, give it a good wash if he'll let you of course!! Don't know what else to suggest really? Get the magnifying glass out when he's nice and quiet on the floor and you can have a good old look around the paw. Awwww, it must be painful by the sounds of it. All the best with this.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 07:31 PM
He may have cut a pad???
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Thanks Helena when I have some help a little later I will bathe it in a mild saline solution and have a better look with a magnifying glass, he's just a little difficult to handle on my own with a broken leg silly little doughnut chasing the duck, I bet he doesnt feel too well either
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
He may have cut a pad???
yeah that was my first thought, as I say I will be able to get a better look at him soon I will let you know how I get on
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Well i had a better look at Max's paw this evening. I couldn't see anything in there but everytime I touched it he was whining and trying to nip me (which is very unlike him!) i have bathed it in some mild saline just incase he has a cut or something. He just keeps licking at it now
If he is no better tomorrow evening it is off to the vet!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Aww bless him, it may be any of the things already mentioned. You know what to do by keeping an eye on it and so on. Sorry about your leg too..it must be really difficult, if you'd been anywhere even remotely near I would have come round and helped you with him. I hope he'll be fine again by morning
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2007, 07:20 AM
oh hope he is feeling better today let us now how he is, sorry to hear about your leg as well, he may be in sympathy with you...lol only joking hun
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Hi all thanks for the support lol I said that yesterday! We now have 4 legs between us

Well I got up this morning and he was looking all sorry for himself, came over to the bed and showed me his foot, whined at me and then layed on the floor again and gave me 'the look'.

Went downstairs and let him out and was keeping a very close eye on him because I didn't want him charging around, we both had our breakfast and when I looked into the kitchen where I thought he was, he had gone out into the garden and was playing with his toys like nothing had happened. So anyway I was like 'omg he's going to hurt himself even more!' so i called him in, and he came trotting over just like normal now hes happily running around like his usual loopy self! Someone thinks he just wanted the attention...and this years oscar goes to...MAX!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Ha ha Glad he is ok again!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >