View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 06:17 PM

Strange question!What does cat poo look like?

I'm on a case at the moment. I keep finding this strange looking dark coloured poo on the driveway. It's very dark (almost black) cylindrical with a white tip on the end??? At first I thought it might be my little hedgehog, but upon searching it doesn't look the same. It's not rats coz it's too big and if it's a bird, it's an eagle or something!! I've scoured the internet looking at different kinds of poo for wild animals and I can't associate it with anything. THEN, this morning, when I got in Dave's car I noticed little paw prints all over the bonnet!!! I now suspect a puddycat, and considering I'm a passionate bird freak with feeders everywhere both front, side and back, I don't want a cat anywhere near here (sorry to all you cat lovers but if I wanted one I'd get one, and I don't!) and my philosophy is, I don't let my dog go and c*ap in somebody else's garden so why do they let their cat come and c*ap in mine to clear up! Lol! The birds are breeding too and nesting in my big hedge and trees, so the hose is also at the ready!

Could somebody please tell me if this is cat poo from what I'm describing, otherwise it must be a fox?? I need to get to the bottom of this before I take drastic action! Thanks!
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 07:11 PM
If it's black it's more than likely fox. Cat poo is not that different as it is quite small like a fox's but they like to bury it.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Yes, Elmac is correct, sound like Fox poo. Blackish or greyish, small. cats always dig holes and bury theirs, Foxes dont.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I'm on a case at the moment. I keep finding this strange looking dark coloured poo on the driveway. It's very dark (almost black) cylindrical with a white tip on the end??? At first I thought it might be my little hedgehog, but upon searching it doesn't look the same. It's not rats coz it's too big and if it's a bird, it's an eagle or something!! I've scoured the internet looking at different kinds of poo for wild animals and I can't associate it with anything. THEN, this morning, when I got in Dave's car I noticed little paw prints all over the bonnet!!! I now suspect a puddycat, and considering I'm a passionate bird freak with feeders everywhere both front, side and back, I don't want a cat anywhere near here (sorry to all you cat lovers but if I wanted one I'd get one, and I don't!) and my philosophy is, I don't let my dog go and c*ap in somebody else's garden so why do they let their cat come and c*ap in mine to clear up! Lol! The birds are breeding too and nesting in my big hedge and trees, so the hose is also at the ready!

Could somebody please tell me if this is cat poo from what I'm describing, otherwise it must be a fox?? I need to get to the bottom of this before I take drastic action! Thanks!
Hehe, my sentiments exactly
It is true that cats usually bury it, the excuse my neighbour gives when telling me how clean cats are. Not when it is bried in my garden and my pots and I dig it up when gardening, it's not clean
I think maybe you have a fox.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 09:23 PM
my cats do their biz in our garden. all the neighbours around here have dogs so they keep clear of their gardens.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yes, Elmac is correct, sound like Fox poo. Blackish or greyish, small. cats always dig holes and bury theirs, Foxes dont.
I wish someone would tell the scruffy little sod that does it on the steps to the drive he should be burying it.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Hrm, most cats will look for earth to bury in. Although mine thinks she is a dog so doesn't bother.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Hrm, most cats will look for earth to bury in. Although mine thinks she is a dog so doesn't bother.
3 of mine bury, 2 don't ( to bloody lazy) however to answer your question Helena....it's not black either, think you may have a fox. Need to photograph the paw prints and check on the internet sorry.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 01:14 PM
I would say fox too. Max left his boomer ball at my Dad's (who has a lot of foxes nearby) and a cheeky fox pooped on top of Max's ball!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks for getting back on this one guys!

The reason I thought it might be a cat is because I heard they like gravel? My new chippings out the back are limestone and although a lot larger, are not dissimilar to cat litter, although they've got this pinkish tinge!

Anyway, what's really pee'ing me off about it is, whatever it is, is also walking up the bonnet of Dave's beemer, plus it's walking on my decking and scratching it!!!!! I suspect it sees a mouse or a large insect and tries to play with it, coz the scratches are very wide, just as if a cat's paw has drawn across it! Dave said the sensor lights on the driveway gates went off at 2.45 twice, so whatever it is, is visiting at that time.

The plot thickens then, perhaps it is a fox, but does cat poo or even fox poo come to that have a white tip on the end???!! Lol! Here I go again, this really is my favourite subject ya know!!! It's very cylindrical that's what's baffelling me, almost tubular?? Very strange

I've been searching and searching on t'internet to no avail. It's not a very popular subject it would appear, can't understand why that is!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >